Search results

  1. S

    General Architecture and Structure Parts

    Godfrey Hall at Clemson University, Clemson, SC
  2. S

    Food shots

    It's Easter and if there's a kid around, that often means some colorful eggs.
  3. S

    Post your Photographing the photographer.

    My wife with her P100, a Nikon fan too. I didn't take this actually - my kid took the snap tonight with my D5100 as we were dying Easter eggs.
  4. S

    Post your Moon Shots

    Just messing around with the D5100. I lack a telephoto lens beyond 200mm, so must visit the moon from afar like this:
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Took a day off from work and had good fortune finding trains. It was a lovely spring day in the Carolinas. First was the elusive morning southbound on NS that I'd been hoping to capture for over a year on this bridge. The lighting is perfect at this spot for several hours in the morning, then...
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken today, Norfolk Southern makes an early spring appearance with a northbound.
  7. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    A few shots from today's car show. A beautifully restored interior on a Ford sedan and a happy air intake on a hot rod.
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Went out yesterday and caught NS Train 338 and a ballast train at Simpson, SC. This is a north <=> south railroad, so the sun is always in the wrong place for northbounds like these. As usual, I missed the often-elusive morning southbound. I wish they'd have parked that yellow grader...
  9. S

    Post your sign post pictures

    Should I stop?
  10. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I noticed this country crossing composition long ago, but never got around to setting up for a shot until today.
  11. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    I think Mini Coopers are the cat's pajamas -- just so neat. Thanks for your appraisal of the GTI's DSG Automatic. I've driven nothing but sticks for 35+ Years and my knees are fine ..... for now. Knowing that the DSG is a good gearbox will help me equip the car with an eye to the future when...
  12. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Nice shot Chuck! I hope to own a GTI someday, but as a Dad of a teenage driver handy with a 6 Speed stick, there's no way I'm parking one in our driveway at this time. Up another notch is this SpecR I found the other day:
  13. S

    The great train mystery!

    Agreed. Locomotive headlights are extremely bright. Add in the two alternating "ditch lights" (as seen low on the locomotive frame) and it's a very difficult composition to control. I try to not set up this sort of scene; there's just no time to experiment with settings as the train is upon...
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From the wife's album, here's our cozy Lehigh Valley caboose which provided lodging for two nights in Strasburg, PA:
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From this afternoon, CSX Train Q463:
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Spent an hour yesterday just north of Spartanburg, SC at Beaumont. The train appeared out of nowhere -- no noise, no horn, no nothing. I had to run like heck to get the second photo, so didn't have time to compose it as I'd have liked.
  17. S

    Post your 'ALMOST' Photos..

    See train, drive for miles on paralleling highway to get ahead of train, turn, park, hear horn, run to get atop highway bridge ..... and miss the shot by 30 Seconds. :(
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Two shots from today. Same train at two different locations.
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    A shot from this afternoon in an attempt to capture more old Seaboard signals before they're replaced. It's really hard to catch the color in the old signals.
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    CSX on a lovely day several weeks ago.
Top