Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Cleaned the track on my model railroad and am doing some repairs to get things running again. So far so good, but more to be done. Took this quick snap. This is N Scale, each locomotive is about 4-1/2" long, track gauge is 9mm.
  2. S

    Post your Fountains

    Shot this one last night handheld while on a stroll. VERY frustrating light. I forget what my settings were -- I was in the darkness twisting knobs not knowing what I'd set up. Only when I returned to my truck did I realize that I have a tiny flashlight on my keychain. :mad-new:
  3. S

    train station, railway station or a railroad station

    From 09/1997 is this low rez scan of a CSX train passing the former Pittsburgh & Lake Erie station in Pittsburgh. The P&LE is now owned by CSX, but it was once known as The Little Giant, made wealthy by its service to many of the area's steel mills.
  4. S

    Interesting Nikon Ruler

    Back in the 1970's my Dad attended the Nikon School. Unfortunately all of his class materials are long gone, but I came across this interesting flexible plastic ruler in his stuff the other day. I'm not sure what I have, but at one time he had the Nikkor Bellows and I recall that his old 55mm...
  5. S

    train station, railway station or a railroad station

    From my pre-digital post-Kodachrome Fujifilm era in April 2011, the former Seaboard Air Line Railroad station in Hamlet, NC. Hamlet remains a major junction on today's CSX. The line was indeed named with an Air Line in its name. In the 1880s when the SAL was beginning it's assemblage of...
  6. S

    Sale Of Website (no, not Nikonites!)

    My wife and I "own" a not-for-profit no-revenue hobby-oriented low-traffic just-for-fun website that receives only 4,000 hits per year. I received an e-mail from a company that says they have an interest in buying it or "monetizing" it if I don't wish to sell it. I've not contacted them, as...
  7. S

    If you are into pimpish things.....

    Another gold bug. This one hatched a failed plot at Ft. Knox, KY back in '64. Is that julep tart enough for you, Mr. Bond?
  8. S

    Food shots

    Had a teen birthday party yesterday, with a visit to a farmfield corn maze as part of the festivities. My wife couldn't resist creating a corn maze cake, complete with Gummy Bear invitees. :D
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Former Atlantic Coast Line depot at Kingstree, SC now served by Amtrak.
  10. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Automotive related is this jewel of a country store in Salters, SC, built in 1937. I hoped for a better shot, but the driver of an 18-wheeler parked in front of the place and proceeded to eat a large lunch in the cab, so I had to settle for this. Maybe next time ....
  11. S

    Post your 'ALMOST' Photos..

    Being old skool 35mm and having shot a bazllion well-timed train shots, I haven't often used the Continuous Mode for shooting on my D5100, but that reluctance came to an end yesterday after I flubbed this shot of Amtrak's fast flying Palmetto nearing track speed -- 79 MPH. I took two shots --...
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Came upon this very old former Atlantic Coast Line depot at Salters, SC yesterday. Gotta love that Spanish moss in the trees. Nothing says "deep south" quite like it.
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Went out along CSX's former Atlantic Coast Line (ACL) mainline in search of trains and vintage signals. Aside from the train shot here at Mars Bluff, SC, I didn't do well in finding trains, but found a number of vintage signals, including the signal bridge also seen. Back "in the day" U.S...
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Burlington Northern Santa Fe freight westbound in October 1996 at Dalies, NM where the old mainline from Albuquerque meets the Cutoff west of Belen. This is a very remote spot, miles off the nearest paved road. Good thing the rental car company didn't know of our travel plans. :D
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    A Conrail freight crosses over at MO Tower at Cresson, PA in April 1989. Sadly, MO no longer remains. A valiant effort was made to move and preserve the tower, but the age-old structure fractured as a lift was made and it was razed on the spot. :(
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I bought an N Scale Columbia, Newberry & Laurens boxcar at a train show this weekend. It's the one on the right and it looks great. The steel boxcar on the left was painted and decaled by me several years ago, with each letter and marking cut separately from a decal sheet and applied. My...
  17. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    and a few more...
  18. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Went to a car show yesterday. Weather was overcast, but the rain held until the end of the show.
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I found this CSX freight at the Savannah, GA Amtrak depot. The sun wasn't in the best spot, but I liked the composition and took a snap.
  20. S

    Post Your Black and Whites Photos!!

    Savannah, GA several weeks ago.
Top