Search results

  1. S

    Post your sign post pictures

    A curious used car warranty spotted at the Honda Dealer this afternoon. A No Warranty Warranty that covers nothing for 30 Days or 3,000 Miles, whichever happens first. :eek:
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    On the other end of the railroading spectrum, I also captured this meet yesterday at Simpson, SC between NS Trains 155 and 156.
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught these yesterday at the South Carolina Railroad Museum. The little coal-burning 0-6-0T travels around by truck and visits museum lines for special events. I wish I knew how they get it off the truck onto the rail. The engine was built in 1931 by Vulcan for the Lehigh Valley Coal Company.
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Let's try this again. :) This is Barrington Tower in April 1980, razed several years later.
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Back to the days of black & white c. 1976 when I couldn't afford color, here's a southbound EJ&E freight just south of the crossing. You can barely see the roof of the tower above the boxcars. There's the interchange track curving in from the right.
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I really need to buy a slide scanner. I have some slides that I scanned long ago on an old scanner, but not many. Here's the E's little brother, a C&NW F-7 at Barrington, IL on 3/21/1978. That's the interchange track to the EJ&E in the foreground. There was once an interlocking tower...
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Sad sight indeed. I grew up in Chicago and enjoyed watching the C&NW's Es and Fs. Shot this westbound "Scoot" with my Nikkormat FTn in August of 1978 on the Harvard Subdivision between Palatine, IL and Barrington, IL.
  8. S

    Post your motorcycles.

    Not mine. Nicely restored!
  9. S

    Post your motorcycles.

    From a show today. I don't ride, but enjoy looking at anything with a motor. This show featured a lot of classic machines, so was a lot of fun.
  10. S

    Post your Tree Photos !

    A pleasant walk yesterday in dappled light at the University of South Carolina:
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I should have continued working on the yard this afternoon, but I instead put down the rake and picked up the Nikon. Set up the tripod for this shot so as to keep the 55-200 centered and even remembered to switch off VR.
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Even got a "meet" and the nicely lit departing southbound train. Trackwork was my blessing, as the trains were running at slower speeds than normal. I'd have never been able to capture so many shots otherwise. :)
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    So often it seems that serendipity serves up better photo opportunities than my carefully planned outings. Case in point was this morning as I made my way to a friend's house several hours away. I tend to follow railroad lines on my journeys and halfway there I stumbled into some unexpected...
  14. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    A bit of NASCAR muscle:
  15. S

    Weekly Challenge Apr 13 - 20: Topic Crossroads

    Re: Weekly Challenge Apr 13 - 30: Topic Crossroads A well-hammered railroad diamond.
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught today, CSX Train Q463 rolling past new signals at the north end of the siding at Camden, SC.
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Also caught today, NS Train 156 in the pine trees en route to Charlotte, NC:
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    That's a very good question and I'm uncertain. I recall reading somewhere that it cost the SOU and N&W (another high hood proponent) an additional $10,000/Unit for the high hood. Maybe they thought to curb costs late in their histories? Speaking of high hoods, I hit paydirt today when I found...
  19. S

    Question for those knowledgeable about guns and ammo

    Found these Western shells several years ago, manufactured in 1956 I'm guessing. The paper casings have swelled so much that the rounds won't even chamber!
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Two Norfolk Southern trains from today, one train on the heels of the other.
Top