Search results

  1. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Golly that's a narrow chassis!
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Former SOU depot at Spartanburg, SC, now served by Amtrak. Shot yesterday in the drizzly overcast from Hurricane Matthew. I was actually happy to get this photo, as on nice days the sun is in an uncooperative spot. In this challenging light, I swapped to Matrix metering instead of...
  3. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    A Nash Metropolitan, from 1956 I believe. The subcompact of its day.
  4. S

    Post your best September shot.

    Taken last Sunday, CSX rolls south in the South Carolina midlands.
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken today at Elgin, SC, CSX 463 passes new signals and rolls on toward Columbia.
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    October 1990, Elmore, AL. Amtrak's short-lived Gulf Breeze crosses Mortar Creek north of Montgomery on the former L&N main. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Been to Berea, OH only once in September '97 and it was a fine spot. I think BE Tower was closed that year, but it's to see in your photos that it still stands.
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Well, it looks like Microsoft Edge plays well with vBulletin. :D One more test, with a CofG boxcar in Selma, AL in 1985, over 20 Years after the CofG was bought by the Southern Railway.
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Just a test shot using Microsoft Edge to see if it will adapt to vBulletin better than IE11.
  10. S

    Your Best D5100 Photos

    Our "new" used car for my young driver, a 2013 Honda Fit Sport. Not to worry about an over-abundance of power with its 1.5L engine. :encouragement:
  11. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Got my child's "new" used 2013 Honda Fit dolled up and shot these today. Next up is some maintenance with fluid changes.
  12. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    New addition to the family fleet for my kid-- a used 2013 Honda Fit Sport. Took me 6 weeks of sleepless over-analysis to decide what to buy. I dread the thought about maintaining and insuring three vehicles, but here it is on the way to its new home. Wife reported a steady 36-1/2 MPG at 75...
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Fresh out of the erecting halls of GE is NS 3609, just built last month. A ET44AC, enormous by any standard.
  14. S

    Food shots

    Morning in my Mother's sunny kitchen:
  15. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    So how long before I spray my seats with Tire Foam? :D
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Odd looking CSX unit that looks like its cab was rebuilt. Looks like the man who punched the louvers in the battery box enjoys his craft.
  17. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    1953 Woody from Saturday's car show. I'll take Chuck's GTI, thanks.
  18. S

    Post your motorcycles.

    Nicely stacked oil cans at the local Harley Davidson store. Very neat marketing I think, recalling an earlier era.
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I swapped a locomotive with someone on an Internet model railroad forum and received in trade the Erie-Lackawanna GP-35 up front. This is N Scale with a track gauge of 9mm. I equipped it with new couplers (a challenge with my aging eyes!), put it on the railroad and it runs great. Shot this...
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    NS 155 moves off the siding onto the main at Simpson, SC, 05/07/2016:
Top