Wud's project 52 - 2015

RON_RIP

My only other suggestion, if this goes forward is to pull in a cosmetologist and someone savvy in fashion to help prepare the ladies for their photo shoot. I should like to see them dressed as if they were reporting for their first day on the job. Appropriate to whatever that job might be. First impressions are critical. Just sayin.

wud

My only other suggestion, if this goes forward is to pull in a cosmetologist and someone savvy in fashion to help prepare the ladies for their photo shoot. I should like to see them dressed as if they were reporting for their first day on the job. Appropriate to whatever that job might be. First impressions are critical. Just sayin.

Someone else suggested that too, I like it more natural :)

Scott Murray

12/52

Long story short: in DK there has been a debate about unemployment for a long time, and on online media, the tone are often really bad :/ I found a facebook page, which actually tried to change the tone which I wanted to support, as I found it awesome :) The page are made by ... not an union, but something alike. Google translate doesn't have a word for it. Anyhow, I mailed the guy behind it and suggested I could do portraits for people who wanted it for their applications/resumes (for free of course), as he have a huge maillist and lots of followers on fb pages. So we made that happen. 2 weekends we did this for 4 hours, luckily 2 other photographers joined in, one pr day, and all in all, we had about 50 people through.

A journalist from a work-related paper called me for a small interview about this, so suddenly everybody knew about this, lol. A little weird.... Many were really happy about this initiative, but of course some photographers in fb groups also discussed this, I read one of the debates, luckily most understood my point in this (which aren't about doing work for free, but about doing something for those who actually struggles to find a job!). A few said, its bad for our business, when photographers do work like this, but I don't find that being the reason its hard to be a pro and get a steady income, I think that is due to everybody has their own camera, and everybody can go to youtube to learn how to use it.

This little happening, actually gave me 3 paid jobs, of course I had no intention of that, but in the end, very happy about that :)

So, this is a few of the images from last sunday, I am still working on the images from this saturday. Some didn't want their images posted, so its not everybody I shot.

(I think the image looks like it took on some sharpening when uploaded here, as its different on my computer, don't really know why)

job_collage_1.jpg

Great work Mai, and as I say you give alittle you take a little. If other photographers are selfish and cannot see that helping others also helps you in the long run then so be it but I cannot see anything wrong in what you have done. I think it is great and amazing work. As you said these people are unemployed have no real money coming in and possibly could not do this at all normally if it was not for you. The benefits are that people will see these and think 'Wow she did these for free, wonder if I can get a shoot organised' this is where you start getting people talk about you and start creating a name, not as a great photographer but also as a great person. And the biggest thing about photography is that if people do not like you then no matter how good your work is it will never be good enough ;) keep up the great work.

Scott Murray

Someone else suggested that too, I like it more natural :)
You want people to feel comfortable, so them in their own nice clothes works well. The more professionalized photos can come at another date if needed, but honestly these photos do tell us something about the person and their clothes play a big part of that. I wouldn't change this.

wud

Sorry I can't be here so often but it's way to busy with all kinds of stuff at the time :/ Not rich yet, though!

13/52

Gathered more of the portraits, to post on Facebook:

da04c88a6bb1192632867dd5e6bcb36f.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

wud

14/52

And this is a pretest for a photographic school, it had to be same style and tone, and contain 1: flower bouquet, 2: city, 3: 2 people.
It was a tough one, I had a shoot with a kid first, but didn't really ... feel it, when looking at the images on computer. Then I had 2 test shoots which worked pretty well (the bw image is one of them), but when doing the proper shoot, the sun didn't come out! So I had to make a new plan fast, and ended up with these 3.

You cannot tell me any big error in the images, lol, as its already mailed and I wont know their response before 2 weeks from now. After that, you can hit me ;)

dmjx-4984_web-2.jpg

opgave.jpg

RON_RIP

Sorry I can't be here so often but it's way to busy with all kinds of stuff at the time :/ Not rich yet, though!

13/52

Gathered more of the portraits, to post on Fac
da04c88a6bb1192632867dd5e6bcb36f.jpg
ebook

Sent from Tapatalk
Is this still about folks looking for jobs? If so, these photos should help them out. You have to get rich and famous just so I can say I know one rich person.:D

wud

Is this still about folks looking for jobs? If so, these photos should help them out. You have to get rich and famous just so I can say I know one rich person.:D

That could be awesome yes! I would be such a great rich person, lol.
Still about jobs, we did it 2 times.

Sent from Tapatalk

wud

15/52 - mom and daughter

liv-5090_web.jpg

16/52 - dawg Oz

mille-6334_web.jpg

17/52 - happiest baby ever, lol. Didn't even cry when the priest poured water in his hair.

louise-6815_web.jpg

18/52 - on the beach today :eek:

regitze-7223_web.jpg

...bonus? My babies :heart:

motor_voodoo-7387_web.jpg

wud

Btw, I passed the pretest, 2 days of more tests are awaiting... A little scary. But I'm looking foreward!

wud

19/52

Assignment/test, 3 pictures from the words: light, room, speed (in that order, cropping not allowed). I am actually REALLY pleased with my result. Only had a few hours to do it and a specific location :)

norrebro_web.jpg

wud

21/52

Dog & owner

inca-0130_web.jpg

22/52

A few company headshots

mycruise-0516_web.jpg

mycruise-0670_web.jpg

mycruise-0651_web.jpg

mycruise-0912_web.jpg

mycruise-0610_web.jpg

23/52

A week mostly with editing, so a flower shot - for you!

bi-1167_web.jpg

wud

24/52

Yet another dawg :D

sophiewiik-1888_web.jpg

And we have been busy building a home office. FINALLY I have work station which I love. Apparently my dog does too, lol...

kontor.jpg
kontor2.jpg

Last, but not least - 7 years wedding day today. Not gonna see my husband all day, but he send me these! :heart:

image_270510.jpg