Wud's project 52 - 2015

wud

6/52

Pretty happy with this one. Done in a big studio with soooo many lamps available. Not sure of the English word but lamps were connected to generators so I could shoot pretty fast! More to come in my other thread, it was a fun shoot.

This one has 2 lamps shooting on background, soft box camera right, beauty dish camera left.

3bc6b34e89a8f10c9a8cabea0b777de2.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Blacktop

5/52

Not really satisfied with this one, but I'll give myself credit for trying ;)
Actually I didn't like the sunset lol, so I've used an old image for background........ thats kind of cheating.. but the pp was fun.

motor-9346_web.jpg

I've done that twice, and after each time I felt cheap and dirty.:dejection:

wud

I've done that twice, and after each time I felt cheap and dirty.:dejection:

Haha. Well, at least we took all images. If I should have done something else, it would still have been a trick image. Actually just got an idea now..

wud

Well, its been an interesting week. Loads which I can't really show online, as I know they wouldn't be happy about it. So sorry, you'll just have to see a product shot I've been working on:

6/52

produkt-1242_web.jpg

wud

7/52

Forced myself to bring the 70-200mm. Since I got the 105 I've hardly used it, and thats just wrong. I had a suspicion for a long time, that it has some back or front focus, and after this shoot, I am pretty sure its front focus which is the problem.

For some reason, I really don't want to fix it myself :rolleyes: But guess I have to, otherwise I need to ship it by mail and thats an even worse scenario in my head.

Well, got a few keepers. My favorite shot didn't make it, unfortunately. This image goes to the 52 thread, because I had a very clear plan before going out there, and this one shows my intention: blurred background, using the sun, using fore- middle and background.

Plus, my puppy looks so amazingly cute :eek:

motor_zoom-1607_web.jpg

wud

I'm still in, but it took a while to finish some of the images.

8/52
Another funeral. There were some amazingly pretty flowers. I made the images into a 26 pages book.

asminderoed-1994_web.jpg

9/52
Finally I tried out a long exposure shot!

strand-2190_web.jpg

10/52
We got the first signs of spring, so nice being out in the sun again :) This border collie were so cool photographing.

lemon-2396_web.jpg

11/52
Business portrait. Haven't finished the editing, so maybe this will change some still.

simonbauer-2887_web.jpg

wud

12/52

Long story short: in DK there has been a debate about unemployment for a long time, and on online media, the tone are often really bad :/ I found a facebook page, which actually tried to change the tone which I wanted to support, as I found it awesome :) The page are made by ... not an union, but something alike. Google translate doesn't have a word for it. Anyhow, I mailed the guy behind it and suggested I could do portraits for people who wanted it for their applications/resumes (for free of course), as he have a huge maillist and lots of followers on fb pages. So we made that happen. 2 weekends we did this for 4 hours, luckily 2 other photographers joined in, one pr day, and all in all, we had about 50 people through.

A journalist from a work-related paper called me for a small interview about this, so suddenly everybody knew about this, lol. A little weird.... Many were really happy about this initiative, but of course some photographers in fb groups also discussed this, I read one of the debates, luckily most understood my point in this (which aren't about doing work for free, but about doing something for those who actually struggles to find a job!). A few said, its bad for our business, when photographers do work like this, but I don't find that being the reason its hard to be a pro and get a steady income, I think that is due to everybody has their own camera, and everybody can go to youtube to learn how to use it.

This little happening, actually gave me 3 paid jobs, of course I had no intention of that, but in the end, very happy about that :)

So, this is a few of the images from last sunday, I am still working on the images from this saturday. Some didn't want their images posted, so its not everybody I shot.

(I think the image looks like it took on some sharpening when uploaded here, as its different on my computer, don't really know why)

job_collage_1.jpg

RON_RIP

You go girl. Being a professional photographer should give you the freedom to work on projects that support causes you believe in and you sure do not need the permission of your peers to do so. What makes your photos so outstanding is the obvious heartfelt effort you bring to all your projects. In a lot of ways you love your photo subjects and that shines thru in your work. Do not change a damn thing.

Moab Man

Nicely done Wud. And you never know where opportunity will present itself. To paraphrase (badly) there is a saying I often hear about how if you as a business chase money you will have neither business or money. But try to provide a great service and you will have both business and make money. Your story seems to only prove this point.

I imagine these photos will help open doors. Your photos look like head-shots of professional people.

wud

You go girl. Being a professional photographer should give you the freedom to work on projects that support causes you believe in and you sure do not need the permission of your peers to do so. What makes your photos so outstanding is the obvious heartfelt effort you bring to all your projects. In a lot of ways you love your photo subjects and that shines thru in your work. Do not change a damn thing.

Its just always (okay, lol, most of the time) interesting how other fellow photographers react :) I was just happy they seemed to get the point (I didn't reply as I am not part of that group).

People were great doing what I asked them to (posing for the images), we had 10-15 minutes pr person, so there wasn't much time for 'warming up'.

Nicely done Wud. And you never know where opportunity will present itself. To paraphrase (badly) there is a saying I often hear about how if you as a business chase money you will have neither business or money. But try to provide a great service and you will have both business and make money. Your story seems to only prove this point.

I imagine these photos will help open doors. Your photos look like head-shots of professional people.

And mouth to mouth are the best advertising :) If someone have a good experience, they'll recommend you if a friend are looking for a photographer.

And I so agree. I think you can also still feel that you just love to have something (exiting) to shoot, when you are still happy to do it as a personal project, for a good friend, for charity etc.