What are your OTHER interests?

Joohn

I am into motorcycle travelling. I just love to tour on two wheels and click photos :)

Few pics from my Recent Trip

xpv9z5.jpg

46450_155639401119625_100000206977596_490314_2923484_n.jpg

47770_155641141119451_100000206977596_490319_4031266_n.jpg

47428_156390834377815_100000206977596_494513_74814_n.jpg

8833_276256030067_877300067_9035546_6031106_n.jpg

Last edited:

Curt

I think most of you have seen my pictures of Kung Fu, I have practiced and taught Kung Fu for 25 years. Although it is one of my interests, it's what I do for a living.
So it's more of a job, I guess?? I travel all over the world teaching (heading to Sweden & Norway in Nov.). Also a musician and played for a lot of years in Rock bands.
But now with a family, don't do that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

karlyh

Travel, history, exploring ruins, old and ancient architectures, junk stores and artsy fartsy shops, arts and crafts...... anything to do with Fall; festivals, Halloween, bonfires.. most of my crafts are centered around Autumn, it being my favorite season although I love snow.
I too like to sew/quilt... but I cheat at quilts using only the machine. Camping and fishing. Music is a big part of my life.. having alot of musician friends and have always wished I played an instrument. I can crochet but can't knit and I can macrame (an old hippy thing..lol) I always, always appreciate sculptures and paintings and have dabbled with both.... but another media that I don't excel in.
Travelling to and from England for the last 6 years, I've been fortunate to have had trips to Italy, France, Belgium, Germany.......with a pass through Switzerland, Luxembourg and Austria. Rome Italy was my biggest highlight in my life with the exception of my children. It haunts me everyday to return there. If I could live anywhere in the world (guilt free for being away from my family) it would be Italy.
I'm basically a jack of all(some) trades and master of none...lol

goz63

Chief.JPG Logan.JPG

As you can see I am into horses and dogs. My wife and I have his and her's dogs and horses. We trail ride with the horses and just play with our dogs. I also like flying but I do that for a living so that is not really a hobby but I still like it.

To answer your question on what we have in common, many of us have a common theme of history. We like trains, horses, taking pictures, painting, etc. All those things are historical or capture history. And I do like history in general.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Travelling to and from England for the last 6 years

Would love to know the story there if you'd like to share :)

You should add writing to your bag of talents . . . your posts are lively and you have a real gift for putting words together, Karlyh.

Best Regards

Mike150

It is easy for me to say that my primary "Other Interest" would be my grand children. My daughter has given me two beautiful young ladies (5 and 3) and my son has given me both a beautiful young lady (2) and a young man (3 weeks). I do not post their photos on the internet though... Sorry... Just a family policy, but If you ever sat down with any of these gems, you'd instantly fall in love with them.

jcottone45

I understand your position Mike, I now have a granddaughter that I simply adore & I have posted pictures of her & myself on facebook and I always have in the back of my mind thought for security purposes I shouldn't have. But my daughter & son inlaw love it & they post more than I do.
I feel that when I am around her, all my body aches & pains vanish, call it what you will but I am having a grand time with her(she's only 8 months old today).
So I guess that she is my other interest.

GabiBass

Hmmm....what other interest do I have ? Well, I am a LMT (licensed massage therapist). I also like anything dealing with health and wellness..and natural foods, etc.

Gabi

johnwartjr

I own 20-25 pinball machines at any given time.

My passion is taking a neglected, trashed game and making it look like it was just removed from the box. That can take hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.

Most of my games have great stories to tell, as they spent their lives in Europe. The games were almost all made in Chicago, but in the 90s, 2/3rds of them or more were exported. Collectors and resellers started loading containers and bringing them home.

jcottone45

I am also a bit of a history buff, I started collecting Americana memorabilia a few years ago & even had thoughts of converting my basement into just that, a room full of American /baseball & football history,I don't have to tell you that just when I figured it all out, my son moved back into the basement, so I guess I never should have put off till tomorrow what I should have done all those years gone by.
I had 2 reprinted life magazines of Dday & gave one to my uncle who fought in Europe, he treasured it He by the way was one of the walking wounded that fought at Bastogne during the battle of the Bulge,he was awarded the Bronze Star for his Heroism in Combat.His older brother fought in the Pacific in many battles that the NYS Guard never received recognition for, he was awarded the Silver Star for Heroism under Fire, Uncle Phil pulled out many wounded GIs At Saipan's Bonzi charge.( he was a medic).My Fathers younger brother fought alongside Phil (my mothers younger brother). In all 6 of my blood uncles served only one didn't come back. It seems my uncle Jack was first declared missing in action for a year, but after the war 2 badly wounded GIs went to my grandmothers house to confirm that he was indeed killed at the crossing of the Rhine by Nazi Jets that bombed & straffed the troops as they fought their way into the first German city captured/liberated in March 1945.
The Americana room will happen as a tribute to all of them as they're all gone now, not a one of them is left, except for the flags & their medals & oh yes, my uncle Sal was every bit the photographer, at the invasion of Makin Island Nov 1943 he put his weapon aside took out his camera & started shooting pictures if anyone would like to see any of them I will email them to you, its not a pretty sight, but you see what he saw live, he even took a picture of the next Higgins boat landing the next wave of troops, if thats not love of photography I don't know what is.!!!

Ruidoso Bill

I own 20-25 pinball machines at any given time.

My passion is taking a neglected, trashed game and making it look like it was just removed from the box. That can take hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.

Most of my games have great stories to tell, as they spent their lives in Europe. The games were almost all made in Chicago, but in the 90s, 2/3rds of them or more were exported. Collectors and resellers started loading containers and bringing them home.

Interesting, I have a friend that loves to restore old jukeboxes, I would bet some of that is similar.

jcottone45

I love the pictures of the animals, especially the German Shepherd Dog, I used to have a German Shepherd dog many years ago before I was married, he was the best dog I ever had, he'd have loved the grounds that your dog is enjoying.
I lived in Brooklyn NY at the time so needless to say there was no running room for him except at the park which he loved to go to.Seeing your dogs picture brought back many great memories of Trooper. Some of my old friends still remember his deeds to this day, he passed in 1978.Needless to say he was 'EVER THE Guard DOG" Always vigilant & never once backed down in his encounters with the would be muggers of which he bagged 4 in his time.
Give the pooch a hug for me.

View attachment 464 View attachment 463

As you can see I am into horses and dogs. My wife and I have his and her's dogs and horses. We trail ride with the horses and just play with our dogs. I also like flying but I do that for a living so that is not really a hobby but I still like it.

To answer your question on what we have in common, many of us have a common theme of history. We like trains, horses, taking pictures, painting, etc. All those things are historical or capture history. And I do like history in general.

ohkphoto

Snow White
my uncle Sal was every bit the photographer, at the invasion of Makin Island Nov 1943 he put his weapon aside took out his camera & started shooting pictures if anyone would like to see any of them I will email them to you, its not a pretty sight, but you see what he saw live, he even took a picture of the next Higgins boat landing the next wave of troops, if thats not love of photography I don't know what is.!!!

WOW! . . . and thank you for sharing so much of yourself and your beautiful story with us, jcottone! It brought tears to my eyes and it saddens me to think that this generation is slowly leaving . . .they gave so much to make a better life for us "baby boomers". What a wonderful project and tribute to your uncles.

I, for one, would love to see your uncle's WWII photos. What a thrill it must be for you as a photographer to have these.

Best Regards

Ruidoso Bill

I love Harley Davidson's, my wife and I enjoy taking a ride and having the camera gear in my saddle bags. I love Corvettes. I love traveling and seeing new places, love going to Eastern Europe. We do a lot of remodeling round the house. I spend a lot of time with computers, actually I earn my living with them and developing web sites. I'm just not happy unless I'm taking pictures. Oh yea, I like this forum.

Last edited:

jcottone45

If I told you that I've been kicked off this page 2 times now I'll bet you wouldn't beleive me, but its happening again.
I was able to accept your friend request at I tried to accept it.Your picture showed up on my friends list.
I am having all sorts of frustrating problems with my laptop, its so old & the software is so outdated I can't even upload/download updates. It will not let me post pictures to the gallery, I don't understand why, I am able to post to facebook & email pictures. So if its possible I will email them to this site.
This is Frustration at its best.

WOW! . . . and thank you for sharing so much of yourself and your beautiful story with us, jcottone! It brought tears to my eyes and it saddens me to think that this generation is slowly leaving . . .they gave so much to make a better life for us "baby boomers". What a wonderful project and tribute to your uncles.

I, for one, would love to see your uncle's WWII photos. What a thrill it must be for you as a photographer to have these.

Best Regards

ohkphoto

Snow White
If I told you that I've been kicked off this page 2 times now I'll bet you wouldn't beleive me, but its happening again.

What kind of laptop (how old) and what system are you running? Also, what kind of anti-virus do you use? If you post those info, I bet somebody can come up with some solution. I know Bill (Yibel) is one expert who can give you tips.

Glad you accepted my friend request :)

jcottone45

Its Dell garbage, hopefully I will replace it, I have no idea whats in it or on it, when I replace it then I'll take my revenge with my old mans sledge hammer.!!!
At least I'll have gotten some satisfaction.

Carolina Photo Guy

Its Dell garbage, hopefully I will replace it, I have no idea whats in it or on it, when I replace it then I'll take my revenge with my old mans sledge hammer.!!!
At least I'll have gotten some satisfaction.

In the meantime, do this.
Download Firefox. Let that replace Internet Explorer as your browser.
Firefox will actually make it easier for you to upload photos to the forum.
The only thing that you have to lose is long wait times.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Mis Adam

Me I’m just a geek I love my pictures so much I arrange them in books. LOL no I love to go on day road trips here in my home state. I love that there are so many OLD things here.
I live in Utah and that I feel lucky to get to see what was. I love the old mining towns, old cars, buildings, and history. It sure is a wonderful place to explore.
That is my spring and summer past time and what is even better it’s easy to want to bring my favorite hobby along, my Nikon.