Upcoming Full Frame Camera Will Be Called the D750

Blacktop

Nobody needs a new camera. Nobody. That's really the problem nowadays, too many people "think" a new camera will make them a better photographer. Donate the money to charity and you'll actually be a better person, not a wannabe better photographer.

With that logic, nobody needs a nice house, a nice car ,golf clubs, Tv's computers and I could go on till I'm blue in the face.
As a matter of fact, the only thing we really need is just the basics to survive. Shelter , food air and water. Yea, lets all go back to living in caves.:rolleyes:

ABoon

Saw this image on Nikon Rumors FB page yesterday...

View attachment 109744

Close inspection shows the inclusion of the 3fps Quiet Mode shutter as well. I'm really, really intrigued by this. I will certainly wait until field reports are out and about, but I can definitely see one in my future, provided that it's a Pro-level body (which the D800 eye piece and control layout lead me to believe it will be).

Mate, this is just a photoshopped image put on NikonRumours for fun. The poster states that they merged a photo of the D810 with a photo of the P7100 tilt screen just to see how it looks.

ABoon

With that logic, nobody needs a nice house, a nice car ,golf clubs, Tv's computers and I could go on till I'm blue in the face.
As a matter of fact, the only thing we really need is just the basics to survive. Shelter , food air and water. Yea, lets all go back to living in caves.:rolleyes:

I don't think the suggestion was to rid yourself of all belongings and live in caves, but rather to make more effort to aid other less rich people in the world. I agree with the sentiments of the original post; it is kind of sad to see so much money spent on unnecessary things rather than being sent to help less fortunate people around the world have access to at least the basic luxuries. It's not about removing your nice house, it's about making it possible for everyone to have a nice house... perhaps in a less excessive, more modest manner.

Blacktop

I don't think the suggestion was to rid yourself of all belongings and live in caves, but rather to make more effort to aid other less rich people in the world. I agree with the sentiments of the original post; it is kind of sad to see so much money spent on unnecessary things rather than being sent to help less fortunate people around the world have access to at least the basic luxuries. It's not about removing your nice house, it's about making it possible for everyone to have a nice house... perhaps in a less excessive, more modest manner.

I'm just kind of wondering how does the OP know what kind of charities everyone donates to and how much everyone donates.

Also kind of wondering what business is it of anyone else's how someone spends their money?
I just spent almost a Grand on a camera that I don't need, and if I had the means I wouldn't even think twice about spending 4 Grand on a D4 that I really really don't need.

Yes, I give here and there to a few charities, not because someone tells me that I should, it's because I want to.
Am I rich? Not even close. Work my ass off 12-15 hours a day and sometimes I'll put in a 10 hour saturday so that I may afford a few luxuries that I really don't need.
I'm going to stop ranting now before I really get started.

Nero

Nobody needs a new camera. Nobody. That's really the problem nowadays, too many people "think" a new camera will make them a better photographer. Donate the money to charity and you'll actually be a better person, not a wannabe better photographer.
Funny, I don't remember anyone saying that getting this camera would make them better at photography. You seem a bit too quick to call others a "wannabe."

gqtuazon

Gear Head

I am a gear collector and it has been 9 months (give or take a few) since I last purchased a camera.

I am actually in need of a new D750. Everyone here should follow your advice and help me fund my much needed camera. Rest assured that I will forever be grateful of your generosity and for being a great citizen. I have no intention of being a great photographer but as a great camera equipment collector. It sooths my craving and it is the only available "patch" to ease my craving.

P.S. you are now band from the Camera-holics Anonymous club. ;)

kamaccord

16mp sensor more speed and pro layout = could be boom! Too much to ask for the MB-D10 to fit?

I just got a nearly unused D700 with 200 clicks on it could temptation be around the corner?

WOW! You may be able to sell it for what you paid providing you get rid of it prior to the release of the D750. If the D750 is as good as many are hoping, the D700 prices my drop drastically.

hrstrat57

WOW! You may be able to sell it for what you paid providing you get rid of it prior to the release of the D750. If the D750 is as good as many are hoping, the D700 prices my drop drastically.

Nope Karl the D700 is too good. Paired with the nice D300 I have I think all my camera dreams have come true. My focus now is on a couple of Speedlights and a couple more bits of fast glass!

Blacktop

Nope Karl the D700 is too good. Paired with the nice D300 I have I think all my camera dreams have come true. My focus now is on a couple of Speedlights and a couple more bits of fast glass!

I hear you bro! My goal was the D7100, and now that I have it, I have no camera lust whatsoever. Lens lust? That's a different story.:)

Rick M

I won't feel bad if I buy one. I donate about $15,000 a year to charities all around the world via the US Internal Revenue Service. Isn't it nice how they also choose the charities I support :)

mauckcg

I won't feel bad if I buy one. I donate about $15,000 a year to charities all around the world via the US Internal Revenue Service. Isn't it nice how they also choose the charities I support :)
*spits tea all over keyboard* Ain't that the truth brother.

BruceJ

Thanks everyone, I was assuming it would be between the 2 other bodies but read in this thread 1 speculation at 3000. Being unfamiliar with Nikons marketing I thought it would be wise to ask those who have been Nikon users for some time.

Deleted

The upcoming new FX camera is suggested to be aimed at sports & video. I'm assuming that for sports it will have a better autofocus, perhaps from the D810. Also a faster burst rate & larger buffer - I'm assuming in comparison to the D610.

What features would make it better for video (than the D610) & would these video features negatively impact on still photo performance?