Upcoming Full Frame Camera Will Be Called the D750

Vincent

... even though numbers say its better than the D3/D700, it simply isnt the case.

Wonder what those numbers are.
I tend to use this graph these days to compare:
compare.jpg

So indeed for me the difference in the camera seems to be almost only linked to personal preference.

wornish

not about the noise. more about the color shift. we see things differently.

I never sharpen pictures. we can agree to disagree. im shooting 2000 images a wedding. some less some more but on average 2k. I hated looking at the D600 images. maybe they tweaked it in the D610 over the D600. great image!

You shoot 2000 pics per wedding that's must be where I am going wrong being only a hobbyist. The D600/610 is a great camera and it certainly can take great shots at high ISO just look on this site.

Not sure what camera you want Nikon to release? Maybe moving to Canon will better meet your needs, you seem to criticize anything and everything Nikon do.

kamaccord

If the D750 will be marketed as a sports camera I would hope a body like the D810 and D700 is used. Would it pass the common sense test for a camera marketed for sports be in a D600 style body? I the controls and feature accessibility would be key to a sports camera that the D610 body would be kind of oxymoron.

rocketman122

You shoot 2000 pics per wedding that's must be where I am going wrong being only a hobbyist. The D600/610 is a great camera and it certainly can take great shots at high ISO just look on this site.

Not sure what camera you want Nikon to release? Maybe moving to Canon will better meet your needs, you seem to criticize anything and everything Nikon do.

whats the problem with shooting 2000 pics for a wedding? its not relevant to me what you shoot and how much. shoot what and how much you want. dont know why you brought it up.

if you like the D600/10, great, and If I didnt like it then im not allowed an opinion? should I complain that you like it even though the colors arent great with it? there is no other opinion besides loving it? this is a communist forum? I shot a lot of pics with the D600/10 to give a final decision. you dont like my opinion, sorry, tough, move on.

ive been a nikon user for many years. im not a naive blind customer who easily forks over money to nikon for every product they make.

all I see is nikon skimping on quality and beeing very greedy.

I dont know if you follow nikon closely but I do. I watch their stock a lot. they are in a bad spiral downwards. stock is lowest in 3 years 4 quarterly revenues are down.

dont worry about what I want nikon to release. then move to canon if youre not happy is quite a tiring statement to hear. cut the bs wornish.

and till I see nikon acting like nikon then I wont stop criticizing. I used to be a nikon fanboy like you and would also get upset when someone said anything negative.

if you truly cared about nikon then you would see the real picture theyre in and realize why theyre in this rut they cant get out of. not eveything nikon puts out is great.

rocketman122

numbers mean nothing. I dont believe it till I see it. first I shoot then I decide. do you also believe that buying any f/2.8 zoom, that youre getting 2.8?

I hope you dont believe those dxomark scores fully? im certain they get slipped some cash under the table. like consumer reports.

if you like the camera, great, dont convince me the camera is great. I owned it and shot with it and saw the results.

I see there must be only one opinion we all should have for the camera. we all love it.

ABoon

But I do judge a lens based on sharpness, AF, vignette, built, size, weight and price among the other factors that I determine before I buy a lens. AF and sharpness are the top factors because a missed shot due to slow auto focus is not acceptable for me. Tamron have delivered zoom lenses (24-70mm f2.8 and 70-200mm f2.8) with great optics but slooowww auto focus which makes it frustrating for me to use. Once you've used one then you can compare it with Nikon so that you can confidently make a statement based on your personal experience.

Re: Nikon higher price. If Nikon had lower priced products, everyone here will be pre-ordering the D750, have a D810, D4s and a 400mm f2.8 to go with. ;)

You stated that the Nikon variant was sharper and had better AF than a proposed Sigma lens which does not exist. Perhaps you are thinking of the current Sigma 70-200, which by all reports is a relatively weak lens; the original post was however referring to a hypothetical future re-iteration of the 70-200 2.8 from Sigma.

Regarding AF; it is in most cases likely that Nikon lenses will function better than third party lenses, however the differences are barely distinguishable in many cases. In fact I have noted comparisons between the new Tamron 150-600 and the new Nikon 80-400 which measure the Tamron to be faster with regards to AF. Also, the Tamron 70-200 is barely slower than the Nikon version. It certainly is not "slooowww". I don't have to personally experience a direct comparison; youtube video footage of the lenses side-by-side will show me just how massive the difference is (Note it's not a $1,000+ advantage).

Regarding prices, I'm just pointing out that a lot of the cost for Nikon products is due to the 'Nikon' tag. The differences in performance do not reflect the differences in cost.

I don't think third party products should be written off, especially not before they have even been released.

ABoon

Back on topic; I am excited to see what the new D750 will be. I love my D610, I think it produces fantastic images and I would be happy to maintain the same sensor. The only thing I would want to upgrade is a better AF system and if the term 'action' is anything to go by the D750 may be just what I'm looking for. I am a little unhappy with the tilting screen suggestion, it just looks tacky to me and makes me think of 'selfies' and 'low-grade handy cams'. Perhaps it will be implemented well and the added freedom in composing shots will sway my opinion if I decide to take it on.

Nero

I want a D7100 successor, but I'm curious to see what changes they make to fit in with the "Sports Camera" title. Besides what was already said.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Regarding AF; it is in most cases likely that Nikon lenses will function better than third party lenses, however the differences are barely distinguishable in many cases.

Also, the Tamron 70-200 is barely slower than the Nikon version. It certainly is not "slooowww". I don't have to personally experience a direct comparison; youtube video footage of the lenses side-by-side will show me just how massive the difference is (Note it's not a $1,000+ advantage).

I am speechless. Please forgive me if I am about to insult you but I really can't believe you mentioned that. Really? You Tube? Don't forget to visit Ken Rockwell's website to add more knowledge and expertise.

Anyway, I do appreciate your point of view with regards to the various lenses performance. I'll just say that I know the difference in performance when it comes the 70-200mm f2.8 zoom lenses between these manufacturers. For the average hobbyist, the difference is not substantial especially if funding is the major factor. Having used these lenses and compared the IQ and performance, I'll just stick with my experience and not what I read or watch on the net.

ABoon

I am speechless. Please forgive me if I am about to insult you but I really can't believe you mentioned that. Really? You Tube? Don't forget to visit Ken Rockwell's website to add more knowledge and expertise

Are you serious? AF speed is not subjective.

Watching a video of both lenses aiming at the same subject and being AF-ON'd at the same time is to me probably the most precise and clear way of noticing differences in function. Hey, you could even look at the time indicator at the bottom of the video...

I'm sorry to say gq; but you are not the most knowledgable and experienced photographer in the world. There are many people out there who give great advice, reviews and impart extremely valuable information through youtube. It sure is great to judge things with your own experience however it is only to your advantage to look at other peoples experiences as well and gather as much information from as many sources as possible to combine with your own experiences. If someone is nice enough to test lenses side-by-side and make a video, I don't see how it is any different to me doing it myself; except that I save a bunch of time, effort and money.

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Watching a video of both lenses aiming at the same subject and being AF-ON'd at the same time is to me probably the most precise and clear way of noticing differences in function. Hey, you could even look at the time indicator at the bottom of the video...

I'm sorry to say gq; but you are not the most knowledgable and experienced photographer in the world. There are many people out there who give great advice, reviews and impart extremely valuable information through youtube. It sure is great to judge things with your own experience however it is only to your advantage to look at other peoples experiences as well and gather as much information from as many sources as possible to combine with your own experiences. If someone is nice enough to test lenses side-by-side and make a video, I don't see how it is any different to me doing it myself; except that I save a bunch of time, effort and money.

Let's just say that we agree to disagree at this point. I know I am not the sharpest amongst the crowd and I am good with that. ;)

Nero

You'd be surprised how many people put false results in their videos for multiple reasons. Can't always believe what you see on YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

ABoon

You'd be surprised how many people put false results in their videos for multiple reasons. Can't always believe what you see on YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Agreed, that's why you should gather more than one opinion and expose yourself to as much information as possible. You can't very well go into a shop, pick up two lenses, give them a quick go and have a great understanding of their performance. It's extremely useful to avail yourself other peoples experiences and resources that are often more comprehensive than your own.

eal1

As a relatively new contributor to the discussions here, and a new owner of a 610, i can say that generally i like the colors the 610 produces. I am an enthusiast, not particularly skilled photographer and do not intend to sell anything that i shoot. I shoot for the enjoyment i get when i capture something that i feel is beautiful, evocative, moving. I really enjoy the 610; however, i recognize limitations in its autofocus system and would really appreciate the 51 point system or better. When the 750 comes out, i will take a close look and wait - wait for reviews, wait for any "issues" like oil spotting, wait for price incentives - and then i might take the leap.
On another note, sometimes i am taken aback by the tone of some of the contributors on this and other sites: maybe i am secure in my ignorance and willing to acknowledge that everyone here knows more than me about photography. I am not expert - my doctorate is in another domain. I personally appreciate the diversity of views, factual debate, subjective opinion and assessment, along with an aura of mutual respect for one another's views and talents. Just a thought. I would hate to not post a comment or question because i might be blasted or disrespected by someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick M

A mid-range Fx makes sense and rounds out the Fx offerings. For action/wildlife I'd much rather see a pro Dx, that would complete my gear needs.

Whiskeyman

16mp sensor more speed and pro layout = could be boom! Too much to ask for the MB-D10 to fit?

I just got a nearly unused D700 with 200 clicks on it could temptation be around the corner?

Temptation is always just around the corner, unless you've already turned that corner...:rolleyes: