Upcoming Full Frame Camera Will Be Called the D750

kamaccord

Here it is the New Nikon D750 FX. No mention of this being a sports photography camera. I would be a bit disturbed if I had recently purchased a D600 or D610.

[video=vimeo;105934767]http://vimeo.com/105934767[/video]

Nikon | News | Digital SLR camera D750

• High-speed continuous shootingThe D750 is capable of capturing up to 100 shots*1 in a single burst of continuous shooting at 6.5 fps*2 in both FX format and DX format.
    • *1with shooting of JPEG-format images. Excluding shooting of FX-format images at an image quality setting ofJPEG fine and an image size setting of Large (up to 87 shots possible).
    • *2Value with shooting in AF-C autofocus mode, or [M] mode, shutter speed of 1/250 s or faster, all other settings at their default values.

Last edited:

Vincent

I went through the videos of Nikon on the D750. Video, 24 mp, wifi, tiltable sceen, more interesting compact light weathersealed design. I found reading the specs more interesting same AF as D4s, expeed4 so better tracking of subjects even at f8 and
probably better ISO performance then D610.

BackdoorArts

I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed.

First blush take on it is that it's really what the D610 should have been had it not been rushed out to replace the troubled D600. The price point suggests that, but at the same time I expect that using the 7xx line means that any real successor to the D610 will be a more budget minded FX camera in the $1800 range with fewer focus points and a lightweight body. Surprised it only came in at 6.5fps.

If nothing else it saves me from wondering if I want one. I'm very happy with my 600 and 610 and see nothing here that pulls me in. That said, if I was looking to move into the FX world I see a lot here to get excited about.

BackdoorArts

Way over-optimistic....still keeping the olpf on it too! Not a huge upgrade to D610.

Not optimistic, just quoting the original rumors.

And dude, have you not been paying attention about the OLPF?! It cannot be removed at that pixel density without making moire an absolute constant. You need 36MP's or more on an FX sensor. Want a full frame camera without it, buy a D800e or D810. Or just keep asking for the impossible, that's apparently what internet forums are for.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Not optimistic, just quoting the original rumors.

And dude, have you not been paying attention about the OLPF?! It cannot be removed at that pixel density without making moire an absolute constant. You need 36MP's or more on an FX sensor. Want a full frame camera without it, buy a D800e or D810. Or just keep asking for the impossible, that's apparently what internet forums are for.

That's right....I forgot....you were the one who was testing the waters concerning whether or not to have the OLPF removed from YOUR D600 at one time. Oops!

BackdoorArts

That's right....I forgot....you were the one who was testing the waters concerning whether or not to have the OLPF removed from YOUR D600 at one time. Oops!

Yep. Had a couple long conversations with people who know about this stuff and ultimately for every plus there was an equal minus. I would have wound up with an amazing landscape camera that might give me fits on occasion, and would definitely give me fits for street and whatnot. Given that I've never balked at the quality of the images I do get, I decided paying $400 to break a camera wasn't worth it.

Vincent

Matt Granger - Nikon D750 testing & High ISO vs 610 & 810

1 stop of gain compared to D610 on high ISO.

http://www.nikon.com/news/2014/0912_dslr_01.htm

By making the pitch of each individual pixel on the new image sensor larger, a broad dynamic range is preserved, and superior high-sensitivity performance that enables rich and smooth expression of tones with very little noise has been achieved.

It seems that the new sensor is really an improvement, less space between the pixels = capturing more light; together with Expeed 4 leading to a stop of gain in ISO.

BackdoorArts

One would expect that after 2 years. In the 4 years that I've been shooting Nikon the quality of the sensors has taken tremendous leaps forward, and they were good when I started. Pretty soon anyone talking about "ISO noise" is going to need to get slapped because it's almost going to be irrelevant in 95% of shooting situations.

Vincent

It seems Canon is not there though. After the megapixel race will we get an ISO sensitivity revolution? Even if you are right and I did expect the ISO improvement, together with the lightweight and AF system this is making me consider the D750 for my future.