My D800E is now DEAD!

Photowyzard

Glenn,

I am delighted to hear you have been able to get the camera repaired. Make sure you test it well after you get it and maybe even have Nikon take a look at it.

Sorry to hear about how much it cost, but much cheaper than replacing it!

I am happy very happy for you.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Glenn,

I am delighted to hear you have been able to get the camera repaired. Make sure you test it well after you get it and maybe even have Nikon take a look at it.

Sorry to hear about how much it cost, but much cheaper than replacing it!

I am happy very happy for you.

Thanks Bud! It was a big relief after the tech determined that they could still salvage it.

I'll definitely be much more careful from now on. ;)

Sent from my iPhone.

everprentice

I had a similar experience with my very first D90. I had an 18-200VR on it while I mounted it on a tripod when my wife and I had a self-portrait. Unfortunately, I failed to lock the plate properly and the camera came tumbling down multiple times on the granite steps of the MN State Capitol. The battery door and lcd protector got detached but the camera and lens was fine except of a crack in the filter ring. That was a testament to Nikon's durability. I would expect more from a Nikon pro body.

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. Nothing more gut-wrenching that seeing your camera take a tumble.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I had a similar experience with my very first D90. I had an 18-200VR on it while I mounted it on a tripod when my wife and I had a self-portrait. Unfortunately, I failed to lock the plate properly and the camera came tumbling down multiple times on the granite steps of the MN State Capitol. The battery door and lcd protector got detached but the camera and lens was fine except of a crack in the filter ring. That was a testament to Nikon's durability. I would expect more from a Nikon pro body.

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. Nothing more gut-wrenching that seeing your camera take a tumble.

Thanks. The company is still waiting for Nikon to send them this special calibration tool in order to complete the repair. It's been a couple of months already but no rush for me. As long as they can put it back together in as new condition, I will be happy.