Mike D90's Project 365 2014

Mike D90

Day #6

Again, at work today so no motivation or opportunity to go shoot at my leisure. Here is another pet portrait.

This is Kuma, a Long Hair Akita, and a sweet old teddy bear. He looks like a water heater with legs.

Kuma 1.jpg

Last edited:

Moab Man

Never heard of or seen a long hair Akita. The face looks very much like a Chow with all the hair. As a matter of fact a lot of it looks like a Chow gone wrong.

Mike D90

Never heard of or seen a long hair Akita. The face looks very much like a Chow with all the hair. As a matter of fact a lot of it looks like a Chow gone wrong.

I agree with you. He does look Chow but I was told he was Long Hair Akita. I have also never heard of that. However, we also board other Akita's and they too look very much like a Chow in the face but not to the extent Kuma does.

Bill16

Buddy your on a roll! Wow these are great! :D
Day #5

Tried to get some portraits of a few of the cats at work today. None were cooperative but I did get this image and figured I could work with it.

I am not sure which I like best. All are using the same photo with different treatments and some smudging on that one image.

This is Lucy. She is a sweet long hair tabby. Grey with some white on her chest.

View attachment 65557

View attachment 65558

View attachment 65559

View attachment 65560

Mike D90

Thank you Bill. I have to say though that I may have to skip out on this thread for a few days. My shoulder is worse and the pain is just too much to sit here and use the computer. I don't want to just snap a shot for the sake of this thread. I wanted it to be a real effort. I have an appointment for Thursday at the VA clinic to have this looked at.

Bill16

Hey your health is much more important! You do what you gotta do my friend! I hope your pain eases up soon! I understand pain very well, and I hope the doc can help ease it for you bud!
Thank you Bill. I have to say though that I may have to skip out on this thread for a few days. My shoulder is worse and the pain is just too much to sit here and use the computer. I don't want to just snap a shot for the sake of this thread. I wanted it to be a real effort. I have an appointment for Thursday at the VA clinic to have this looked at.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Feel better Mike. I'm sure this weather isn't helping any. You guys have to be at least 20 degrees colder than us. I guess it wouldn't be as bad if the wind would go away and if the sun came out during the day!!