Hurricane Irma

Kevin H

I'm home!! Neighbor said power came back today around 8:30am.

Can't get a hold of the insurance company, so I filled out an online claim. Couldn't believe it didn't give me a claim #.

Chris is trying to find a tree trimmer to get the tree off the roof.

Great news Marilynne hop the insurance gets sorted out

Bikerbrent

Glad to hear that, apparently, all our brother and sister Nikonites fared well with no injuries and apparently only minor property damage.

Kevin H

Just looked at some Youtube vid's of Lakeland Florida lots of trees down in some areas I'm sure Circle B Bar Reserve will look a little different.

I'm calling Mom and Dad when I get home from work to see if they have any new info on their place

RocketCowboy

Glad to hear everyone checking in safely and hope to hear from the rest soon.

I can report in that Omaha NE has had no negative impacts from Irma ... and that I'm ready to get back to Texas. :)

Kevin H

What have you heard from your parents, Kevin?

Wayne

Their up here for the summer Wayne they have been told one piece of siding is off and a small piece of the steel on the roof Dad called a guy to fix it no water got in but they've heard others in the park have alot of damage

Stoshowicz

Hunting around I found this listing for FWC properties re: if they are still closed , scroll down, I think Ft Desoto is still closed as is LAWD ( st johns wmd property ) , but I think orl wetlands is open.
It might be a good day to hunt around in three lakes for Fl grasshopper sparrows.?

Open/Closed Status of FWC-managed Areas

Last edited:

Needa

Challenge Team
@Marilynne

Still no power or Internet not even on phone from home, from experience we will among the last to get restored. No one injured. Minimal damage mostly vegetation. Using Mikey Ds wifi to send this. Probably won't be back on for a while. Glad all are doing well.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@Marilynne

Still no power or Internet not even on phone from home, from experience we will among the last to get restored. No one injured. Minimal damage mostly vegetation. Using Mikey Ds wifi to send this. Probably won't be back on for a while. Glad all are doing well.

Thanks for checking in Jeff! Glad everyone is safe.