Hurricane Irma

Needa

Challenge Team
_71D1389.jpg

One from tonight. It's very quite outside no traffic or people noise, just the wind.

Whiskeyman

View attachment 267339

One from tonight. It's very quite outside no traffic or people noise, just the wind.

Stay safe down there. I'm getting a bit anxious with every "shift to the west". I've also got family west of Orlando and I'm worried about them, because a northeast storm track after a SW Florida landfall is one of the worst scenarios for them.

WM

WM

Whiskeyman

The line in front of me, with a little rising sun rays

The line behind me, I started at the corner by the stop sign and vehicles were waiting around the corner

I can see the gas station!

The line behind me is longer now

I'm on gas station property

I'm next!!

It's good you were able to fuel up. Stay safe, Marilynne!

Wayne

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This may be the last from me for a bit. Doing the last bit of prep and heading out to the hotel.

Pray for us!

Stay safe everyone!!!

RocketCowboy

Continued thoughts and prayers for everyone in Irma's way.

I've heard at least a few more of my family members have left Florida, but still have several friends who have decided to hunker down and ride it out. It looks like most of them are outside of the flood prone areas, but I'm still nervous for all of y'all who stayed behind. Stay safe, and let us know if we can help.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Be careful on the roads.

Got to the hotel yesterday morn around 6:30. No traffic at all. Lots of people here and lots of dogs.

First rain bands hit mid afternoon. Carried my camera around all day. Shot a golden orb spider, a Cuban lizard after it fell out of a tree, I heard a thump on a car, turned around and there it was. No great cloud shots.

I hate hotel computers, I have to type real slow, it keeps dropping letters and won't let me use color, so pretend this is bold, comic sans ms and purple.