Hurricane Irma

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just did a walk around the parking lot. Saw one tree down and luckily for the car in the handicapped spot, it missed the car. Lots of palm fronds down. There is one frond under the front tire of our truck. In the dark, the truck looks okay so far. Cable is out, so no TV. That's one of the reasons we have an antennea (SP?) at home.

Ironwood

They come in very handy at times like this, I actually have 4 of them now , various sizes. The latest one I got is a 7kva diesel powered one, that powered our whole house ( aircons included) for over a week just recently when we lost power after Cyclone Debbie.
We need power for our water, as we are on tank water and need the pump to supply to the house. We have solar hot water, so didn't really go without anything thanks to having that generator. The cyclone before that, we lost power for 14 days, and I only had 2 smaller generators and it was a bit of a pain, but we were still better off than some that didn't have one at all.

Needa

Challenge Team
No, that was one of the things I wanted to get this year. That's one of the reasons we're in a hotel.
My generator is still new in box haven't had to use it in since it was purchased years ago. Hopping i won't need it this time either.

Needa

Challenge Team
_71D1411.jpg

Lake front property.

PapaST

Looks like we will be missing the brunt of the Irma blow here in Jacksonville. Last year, I ran my house on a generator for 7 days due to hurricane Matthew. It was good enough to run everything EXCEPT central air. I have a portable AC unit that did the job nicely for that time period. Generators are definitely nice to have... hope you never have to use one. Stay safe folks, the ride is just beginning.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Latest news - my neighbor called and one of our trees is down. He can't tell if it took down the screen room roof or if it's just leaning on it. Power has been out since 6am. Oh, our mailbox is no where to be found either.

Still getting pounded by wind and rain, but we still have power at the hotel.

Whiskeyman

Latest news - my neighbor called and one of our trees is down. He can't tell if it took down the screen room roof or if it's just leaning on it. Power has been out since 6am. Oh, our mailbox is no where to be found either.

Still getting pounded by wind and rain, but we still have power at the hotel.

Power, and you're safe!

Wayne

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just took a walk around the hotel parking lot, lots of trees down, some on top of cars. One car parked in the front of the hotel with its rear window smashed. Our truck looks okay in the dark, the bed is filled with water. Some one's gonna get wet if they put the tailgate down.
@RobV, we've had that mailbox for over thirty years. I gonna miss that rusty old thing.
@Bikerbrent - hope my inheritence check wasn't in the mailbox!!!

Kevin H

Just took a walk around the hotel parking lot, lots of trees down, some on top of cars. One car parked in the front of the hotel with its rear window smashed. Our truck looks okay in the dark, the bed is filled with water. Some one's gonna get wet if they put the tailgate down.
@RobV, we've had that mailbox for over thirty years. I gonna miss that rusty old thing.
@Bikerbrent - hope my inheritence check wasn't in the mailbox!!!

Glad you guys are OK hope no major damage to your house

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Latest update - one of our neighbors checked out the house. No broken windows, the tree is leaning on the roof and picked up the fence and the neighbors concrete walk next to his garage.