Hurricane Irma

Whiskeyman

It's funny you should ask. This weekend we had a noreaster roll in much the same way Irma came in weeks ago. As the rain continued and the winds picked up I kept getting a shellshocked twitch in my eye. haha, yes, it rained almost all weekend.
Actually, my cousins daughter posted online about all of the rain and wind they had on the weekend. She lives in the south end of St John's County, so I figured that Jax was wet, too.

I have a joke with the family still living there that only someone from Jacksonville would get. A few years ago, I drove into Jax, and really mean into Jax, for the first time in over 10 years. Afterward, I told them that Jax hadn't changed at all since I had last visited, and they asked something like "Really? What are you on?" My reply was to the tune of "It's true! Last time I was here, over 10 years ago, every road was under construction. And they're still under construction today!" They all laughed and agreed with me... :p

WM

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Actually, my cousins daughter posted online about all of the rain and wind they had on the weekend. She lives in the south end of St John's County, so I figured that Jax was wet, too.

I have a joke with the family still living there that only someone from Jacksonville would get. A few years ago, I drove into Jax, and really mean into Jax, for the first time in over 10 years. Afterward, I told them that Jax hadn't changed at all since I had last visited, and they asked something like "Really? What are you on?" My reply was to the tune of "It's true! Last time I was here, over 10 years ago, every road was under construction. And they're still under construction today!" They all laughed and agreed with me... :p

WM

It's been more than ten years Wayne. We went to PA every year for over 20 years and the bridge in Jax is still under construction.