Hurricane Irma

Whiskeyman

@Whiskeyman and @richnmib how you guys doing??

Kevin,

I'm doing fine, overall. I've been in contact with everyone in my immediate family today and all are safe. One of my daughters is w/o power just west of Orlando, but is with my brother and parents.

We got a bit of wind today, but I doubt it even met the minimum criteria to be in the tropical storm category. It has been blowing all day, though.

I almost feel guilty that we didn't get it worse than we did, but then I say "what am i thinkin'?" to myself. I will say that as bad as it was in the SW part of the state, it could have much worse. I just feel really bad for those folks and what they are going through for now and the immediate future.

Hopefully, we'll hear from Rich soon.

Wayne

21616431_2069014399790992_1687114564187868270_n.jpg

Whiskeyman

Looks like we will be missing the brunt of the Irma blow here in Jacksonville. Last year, I ran my house on a generator for 7 days due to hurricane Matthew. It was good enough to run everything EXCEPT central air. I have a portable AC unit that did the job nicely for that time period. Generators are definitely nice to have... hope you never have to use one. Stay safe folks, the ride is just beginning.

How are you doing over on the First Coast? The talk is of a flooded Jacksonville.

WM

Danno

Glad to hear that you all faired ok, and everyone is safe. Please stay safe during the cleanup. Still praying for you all.

Kevin H

Kevin,

I'm doing fine, overall. I've been in contact with everyone in my immediate family today and all are safe. One of my daughters is w/o power just west of Orlando, but is with my brother and parents.

We got a bit of wind today, but I doubt it even met the minimum criteria to be in the tropical storm category. It has been blowing all day, though.

I almost feel guilty that we didn't get it worse than we did, but then I say "what am i thinkin'?" to myself. I will say that as bad as it was in the SW part of the state, it could have much worse. I just feel really bad for those folks and what they are going through for now and the immediate future.

Hopefully, we'll hear from Rich soon.

Wayne

Great to hear that Wayne

Kevin H

Sounds like Mom and Dad's place has some siding off and maybe some steel off the roof know better when their friend comes back from where they evacuated too

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, we went to the house today. Still no power, it's been out since 6am Sunday. ETA for power is the end of the weekend. The tree fell on the shop roof and it looks like the end panel will need to be replaced. No rain in the house or the shop.

We only have the hotel booked for tonight unless some one cancels.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Some of our electric workers are headed down south to help with restoring power. If you see any PECO trucks, they are from the southeastern corner of Pennsylvania. I remember when Hurricane Sandy hit here. There were trucks from North and South Carolina as well as Georgia that arrived to help. It was such a relief to see those workers.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The hotel we're in has eighty rooms booked for FPL workers. I'll look for PECO trucks. Send them to West Delray please.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm home!! Neighbor said power came back today around 8:30am.

Can't get a hold of the insurance company, so I filled out an online claim. Couldn't believe it didn't give me a claim #.

Chris is trying to find a tree trimmer to get the tree off the roof.