Dave's Image Thread

Dave_W

The Dude
Re: Mojo's Image Thread

This is a stellar shot! LOVE it. I never heard of Picacho Colorado but here in Arizona we have a Picacho peak :D Curious what was the shutter speed on that shot?

I think we're both talking about the same place. This is the old mining town between CA and AZ on the Colorado River about 50 miles north of Yuma. The ghost town is located on the CA side of the river. In the winter the campsite is packed (or so I'm told) but in the heat of the summer you're the only person for miles.
This shot is a 30 second exposure. It was a new moon and very little light from the sky so even at ISO 1250 it required a full 30 secs

Dave_W

The Dude

Why I love living in San Diego...

View attachment 15916

I saw this woman walking on the beach and took this photo above. As she got closer I asked her if I could take her photo and ended up with some amazing portrait shots of her with her board. She's very photogenic, as well as beautiful and her portrait shots came out amazing. But there's just something about this candid shot I really like. It has a "real" feel to it and seems to sum up what summer on the beach is all about.

Btw - I'm in the middle of preparing my website and when I do I'll link the portraits shots of her.

Photowyzard

View attachment 15916

I saw this woman walking on the beach and took this photo above. As she got closer I asked her if I could take her photo and ended up with some amazing portrait shots of her with her board. She's very photogenic, as well as beautiful and her portrait shots came out amazing. But there's just something about this candid shot I really like. It has a "real" feel to it and seems to sum up what summer on the beach is all about.

Btw - I'm in the middle of preparing my website and when I do I'll link the portraits shots of her.

Had to laugh. My first reaction was, "she hit you over the head with the surf board for taking her picture!" =:[]

Lucky you, look forward to the links. :)

Tami Jo

Dog beaches huh! That must be a lot of fun and to think we here in the desert thing dog parks are fun. Add that water element and whala... instant dog-insanity. These are great action shots! I can tell your dog immensely enjoyed his/her visit to dog beach. Thanks for posting these.

Dave_W

The Dude

Dog beaches huh! That must be a lot of fun and to think we here in the desert thing dog parks are fun. Add that water element and whala... instant dog-insanity. These are great action shots! I can tell your dog immensely enjoyed his/her visit to dog beach. Thanks for posting these.

This is my little girl "Penny". She's been in a little funk so I took her to dog beach. Her mom (my wife) is gone to CO for the next 2 weeks and she's been moping around the house since she left so I thought maybe a little outing would do her good. I think it must have because she's hardly moved since we've come back. ;)

Eye-level

Banned

View attachment 15916

Whoa!!! I didn't catch all of this...what? :) :) :)

Dave_W

The Dude

San Ysidro port of entry border crossing. (long wait = lots of photos). The San Ysidro port of entry is the busiest border crossing in the world with over 50,000 vehicles and 25,000 pedestrians each and every day. This image is a compilation of 3 images.

D7000; 18-70mm

View attachment 17375

Dave_W

The Dude

I just got my 14-24mm back from Nikon (long story that I'll tell later) and had to take it out for a test drive so I went to Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial. It's on top of the hill in La Jolla and overlooks all of the San Diego basin. The flowers were there placed there before I arrived and I assume were for the young man who lost his life in Afghanistan. There's a cross at the top of this hill that has caused a great deal of controversy, I'm not sure why, but this site is constantly being dragged thru the courts.

D800; 14-24mm; ISO-100; f-4

View attachment 18447

View attachment 18448

View attachment 18449