Dave's Image Thread

Dave_W

The Dude
Re: Mojo's Image Thread

A day at the barbershop

D8A_1680-Edit-sm.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
That is precious Dave, how did you light that?

Pat in NH

Thanks Pat. This is one of my two favorite models. For this image I used my 50mm f/1.8G along with a Nassin Di622 flash with a diffuser. For a cheap flash unit, these Nassin's ain't too shabby.

RockyNH_RIP

That diffuser really made a nice difference because the lighting was soft and not shadows like a regular flash... that is why I asked.. Good Job! I need to get a diffuser for mine...

Pat in NH

Dave_W

The Dude
Re: Mojo's Image Thread

This is an image from the Church in the town of Tequila in Jalisco, MX. The man in the photo is Saint Toribio Romo Gonzalez and his photo appears in all the Churches in this area of Jalisco. He played a prominent role in the Cristeros war in which the Mexican people rose up in opposition to the Government's attempt to abolish Catholicism. Santo Toribino Romo is the patron saint of immigrants and those who are in need of food and water.

D70s; 18-70mm; f-5; ISO-200

DSC_0179-Edit-sm.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
What diffuser Dave? it does a great job!

I think the name "diffuser" is a true euphemism, it's really just a little white plastic thingie that you put over the main flash. Like this one - see HERE, it's very, very low tech but does the job. I bought this Nassin flash along with a couple of lenses off of Craigslist and sold the lenses to cover the flash unit. I'm not much of a flash guy and have only used this unit a handful of times. But the few times I have it's performed well enough. I suppose if and when I get more into portrait photography I'll move on up to a real flash unit but for now this one is all I need.