Dave's Image Thread

Dave_W

The Dude
Re: Mojo's Image Thread

A real swinger

D8A_9946-up.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

that is an excellent shot of that bridge... perfect image for B&W...

I learn a lot from just looking at the work you guys put up here... Thanks!

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

Dave, I like the unusual lightning... the shadows and sharp contrast make the picture!

Pat in NH

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_W

The Dude

Dave, I like the unusual lightning... the shadows and sharp contrast make the picture!

Pat in NH

Thanks Pat. It's the classic "window lighting" technique. Works very well, especially for B&W images.

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks Pat. It's the classic "window lighting" technique. Works very well especially for B&W images.

I have done a few with that lighting (not controlled) so not being planned it is usually not a good feature, especially in color. It hits the spot in that b&w... Thanks Again.

Pat in NH

Dave_W

The Dude

Btw all, I've replaced my big ugly head avatar with an even bigger uglier headed avatar! Be afraid... very afraid! ;)

fotojack

Btw all, I've replaced my big ugly head avatar with an even bigger uglier headed avatar! Be afraid... very afraid! ;)

lol.....believe me, it's a big improvement over the old avatar! :)

I have always preferred to see what the other photographers on this site look like. I figure...if I can show my handsome face in here, so can the rest of you! ;)

Rick M

Nice shot Dave, the lighting is great. Definitely a better avatar. How did you get that mask over your big yellow head?

Dave_W

The Dude

Children's pool, La Jolla, CA. Where the Harbor Seals and humans have a time-share arrangement on the beach. Winter months and spring calving, it's the seal's beach, summer time it reverts back to humans.

D8A_1424.jpg