Chris's Pix 365/2011 starting AFTER PETE!!!

Rick M

Great shot Chris, the light between the clouds and mountains is awesome!. Nice composition, the Rule of Thirders will be very pleased!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I really like the drama in this shot Chris. Great thing you were there and ready with the camera. These things happen fast.

Vermontster

When I looked at this photo on my office computer this morning, it appears to be very underexposed. The image on my home computer shows a proper exposure. Can you guys let me know if this image came across to dark for your screens. That would be very helpful.

Also, thank you guys for the nice comments.

Vermontster

Thank you Rick and Joe. I will have this monitor re-calibrated and see if that makes a difference. The difference between the two monitors is significant.

Vermontster

Been waiting for Spring. We have always had tulip blossoms in April. Don't know if that will happen this year.
b DSC_1619.JPG

Capture.PNG

jengajoh

Wow, my tulips have all bloomed now, maybe another week for you? I hope so. Such a weird year....
Nice shot, sorry your spring hasn't quite arrived yet.

Vermontster

Took a day trip to Montreal today to work on this week's challenge (2-1/2 hours +/-). This church captured my wifes attention; which she said had "creepy" gargoyles. So I took a pic. Couldn't evade the bright sun on the top left.

4-30-11 Montreal Church Entryway.jpg

Capture.PNG

fotojack

Hey Ver, this shot turned out great! Looks pretty good to me.......well composed, sharp and clear. Nice.
Montreal's my old home town, by the way. :) Was this church on Sherbrooke Street, by any chance? Or Hochelaga Street?

Vermontster

[QUOTE Was this church on Sherbrooke Street, by any chance? Or Hochelaga Street?[/QUOTE]

We spent some time in Old Montreal, then I decided to capture some hustle and bustle on St. Catherine's Street. That's where this church was.

St. Catherine's Street Church.JPG

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Took a day trip to Montreal today to work on this week's challenge (2-1/2 hours +/-). This church captured my wifes attention; which she said had "creepy" gargoyles. So I took a pic. Couldn't evade the bright sun on the top left.

View attachment 2757

View attachment 2758

Very nice Chris. I hope you had a good time in Mtl. I'll be there all next week for work, I might try some night shots if time permits.

Vermontster

I hope you had a good time in Mtl. I'll be there all next week for work, I might try some night shots if time permits.

We had a good time. Parking is a @%#*& and the motor scooter that cut me off was was yelling at me in French with a lot of French hand signals. I bet you could get some beautiful night shots up there. Hope you are able to shoot some; love to see them!

jcottone45

Vermonster, how did you get all the photographic data to appear???, I cant even get the picture to show up in the right place!!!!!!!

Vermontster

Vermonster, how did you get all the photographic data to appear???, I cant even get the picture to show up in the right place!!!!!!!

Morning Joe, I thought I could answer this, but Helena (OHKPhoto) has this info in a pretty concise thread. I wasn't able to find it. You will need Windows 7 to use a "snip it" tool (which would be explained by Helena as well. If you don't have Windows 7, I believe there is another way to do the snip-it.

Sorry I couldn't help much.

Chris