Chris's Pix 365/2011 starting AFTER PETE!!!

Vermontster

Thanks Marcel, I would shoot some flowers, but we don't have any yet. I guess I have to go north across the border to see your flowers!!! Not sure how that can be... lol

Vermontster

Thunder storm is rolling through, so getting this posted before the power goes out!

#3 of Infinity

4-26-11 - #3 Montpelier Reservoir.jpg

4-26-11.PNG

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
WOW Chris, this is a wonderful shot. I really like it. Nice and quiet just before the storm. It looks so peaceful.
B+W was a good choice, less distractions from the nice composition.

Vermontster

Thanks Marcel, The colors were so washed out that B&W was the only option. I have to believe the T-Storms overhead here are heading north to Sherbrooke.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Marcel, The colors were so washed out that B&W was the only option. I have to believe the T-Storms overhead here are heading north to Sherbrooke.

Yes, I did hear the thunder just a while back. It wasn't a nice photo day for me. Rained all day.

Carolina Photo Guy

Dude! Out of all of your shots so far (There ain't THAT many!) this one is my favorite!

Nice shootin' Tex!

Am I the ONLY one that wonders why Vermonters aren't known as Vermin?

Pete

Carolina Photo Guy

Now that I recall, you have been up here and know that we ain't ALL Vermin. FYI - When I'm in your neck of the woods, lotta folk be wonderin' what State Vermont be in!!! That was a tough question to answer.. lol

DUDE! Just tell 'em that Green Mountain Coffee Company owns the place. Thats all they need to know!

Damn good coffee.

We are known as Tarheels because our roads were NOT paved. They just had creosote sprayed on 'em to keep the dust down.

Pete

Vermontster

Lots of flooding up our way today. Couple shots taken from a road trip today. On the road 5 hours and never made my destination due to washed out roads. Instead of the artistic photos I took, thought I'd share these.

Capture.PNG

4-27-11 St. Johnsbury, Vermont.jpg

4-27-11 Norton, VT at the Canadian Border.jpg

Capture2.PNG

ohkphoto

Snow White
Sorry, Chris, I don't recognize rain and puddles. We haven't had any for a while!

Great shots! Hope you don't get too much damage. Stay safe!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Vermontster

Marcel, I was headed to do a job at the Pittsburg, New Hampshire border station; just south of Chartierville, Quebec. One of the photos was taken in Norton, Vermont at the border station by Stanhope, Quebec. I drove parallel with the Canadian border until I got into New Hampshire. There were at least a dozen smaller road washouts through that area.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel, I was headed to do a job at the Pittsburg, New Hampshire border station; just south of Chartierville, Quebec. One of the photos was taken in Norton, Vermont at the border station by Stanhope, Quebec. I drove parallel with the Canadian border until I got into New Hampshire. There were at least a dozen smaller road washouts through that area.

So that's why the landscape seemed familiar. Thanks for the info. The flood seems to be over in Sherbrooke, but the rivers are still on the high side. Have a great day.