Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    And a few grab shots, the first at Emory Gap, TN and the other at Parker's Lake, KY.
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    It's NS's railroad, but borrowed power is abundant, as seen here with a CSX unit in the lead and a BNSF unit in trail. The big bridge at Burnside, KY is a landmark. Unfortunately I didn't have time to wait for a (perfect photo composition) southbound here, so had to settle for a northbound...
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Here are two more NS trains at other locations on the line near Tateville. This is one of the busiest mainlines in the east, connecting Cincinnati and Chattanooga. NS's Illinois Terminal heritage unit can be seen on the grain train in the first photo.
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Took a trip to catch a few shots on NS's "Rathole" in eastern TN and KY. CN units are at Spring City, TN and the NS intermodal train is at Tateville, KY.
  5. S

    Post your favorite October 2016 shot

    I didn't want to create a new October thread, so will instead arrive a year late in 2017 and post these Tennessee mailboxes awaiting the day's delivery.
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    South Carolina has beautiful beaches and ocean breezes, but rail lines in the hilly northwest part of the state are far removed from the tourists. As such, helper locomotives are deployed. Here's the 5472 readied in the helper pocket at Enoree, SC.
  7. S

    Nikon 55-200 DX VR Lens Rattle

    My Nikon 55-200 DX VR Lens is exhibiting a rattle and some odd symptoms. I've had this lens for six years and these just began. Fortunately the images remain fine, but I'm wondering if something is broken inside. If I tilt the lens end over end, I hear a component rattling inside which is...
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I also found the nicely restored SOU depot at Prosperity, SC and hit paydirt at Fairforest, SC with an NS southbound.
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught some CSX action in upstate South Carolina on Friday. The train in the top photo appeared unexpectedly and I had little time to set up. Lighting on the bridge photo is never good because the sun is in a bad spot the entire day. Would be good to revisit on in overcast light, but this...
  10. S

    Post your Urban Decay/Abandoned shots!

    In Laurens, SC:
  11. S

    Old and Abandoned

    Railroad interlocking tower, Ramsey, IL. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  12. S

    Happy D5100 Owner at 10,000 Frames

    I've owned my D5100 for exactly six years and have shot almost 10,000 Frames with it. It was bought new and remains my first, and only digital camera. :) (I suspect that many of y'all shoot 10,000 Frames/Year!) Although it's long obsolete, I still treasure it and the pictures I capture...
  13. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    At the VW car show last weekend we spoke with a MK6 GTI owner that once had his car wrapped in a modified Messerschmitt Bf 109 scheme, but he found himself receiving insults at traffic lights. People saw the iron cross and associated it with Nazism. Saddened and frustrated by the response, he...
  14. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Seen on an old VW microbus and photographed by my wife ..... :D
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Another look at Blue Ridge Southern's road power, tied up at Canton, NC:
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    With yesterday's daylight fading, NS Train 172 (New Orleans => Linwood, NC) advances north past the depot at Spartanburg, SC.
  17. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Bug hood, er trunk with Wolfsburg logo:
  18. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    The VW meet was sponsored by the VW Air Cooled Association, so brought out a lot of Bugs like these. I liked a window sticker I saw on one that read Air Cooled Hooligans. :D (My wife couldn't resist buying a Fahrvergnügen sticker for our new Golf Wolfsburg!)
  19. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    ... and a vintage VW van and GTI:
  20. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Vintage VW Speedometer ....
Top