Search results

  1. S

    Post your photobombed

    Out taking pictures of the new car, as parked by a coffee shop .... and a Norfolk Southern hi-railer speeds past in the background ....
  2. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    A rear end picture of the new Golf. I added stainless steel exhaust tips on Saturday. I figure they'll add 10 HP at least. :eek:
  3. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Another shot of our new VW Golf, but in a better setting taken today.
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I stood trackside yesterday on the former SOU main at Fairforest, SC excited to see the signals set for a northbound and happy to finally get a shot here in good light framed by the signal bridge. I was rewarded ...... with one unit rolling merrily along, as if its owner was testing it out. <g>
  5. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Several years ago, I managed this shot of NS's VGN unit with my Nissan truck. Locomotives sure outscale our vehicles don't they?
  6. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Took a quick shot of our new VW Golf Wolfsburg just delivered yesterday, ordered with a sweet 5 Speed Manual gearbox for its throwback owners.
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    NS 708 is a RP-E4C Slug, rebuilt from a GP-38. This locomotive is a workhorse, having first been purchased by the Penn Central in 1971!
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught an NS stack train departing Columbia, SC this morning after church. Maybe if I regularly railfanned with a shirt and tie, I could enter areas more easily. <g>
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thanks Chuck. Rumor has it that the Hamlet (NC) Yard is a complete mess. Speaking of Ohio, you indeed have a lot of neat lines to explore. In 1976 we stopped at Hudson, OH for the night on a family trip. My Dad wasn't a train fan, but he agreed to stop at the depot so that I could see what...
  10. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I am sad. CSX's new CEO has ended hump operations at Hamlet, NC, Atlanta (Tilford), Louisville (Osborn) and Toledo (Stanley) in an effort to boost consist blocking and cut costs. The idea is to build longer blocks of cars destined for the same place. The resulting changes have rerouted the...
  11. S

    Post your Farm Equipment shots

    This tractor's hard days are clearly behind it!
  12. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Plymouth Road Runner .... with a bit of forced induction:
  13. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Ford F-100 hood ....
  14. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Here's the VW bus from which I shot the logo. It's not a rat rod, but is what it seems -- just a tired old bus and a work in progress. He's made it mechanically reliable and it sees regular camping trips. He has a small sticker on the rear bumper that reads, "My German Is A Little Rusty". :D
  15. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    From yesterday's car show. One for VW fans (of which I am one) from a well-rusted 1960s bus and another from a pre-war Plymouth. I'd never seen a Plymouth hood ornament like this, I suppose to evoke recognition of the Pilgrims and Plymouth Rock. Cool stuff.
  16. S

    Let's see some reptiles...

    Happened upon this li'l guy on a walk by the river. He was maybe a foot and a half long. I don't know anything about snakes, but he seemed harmless.
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Tried a b&w featuring Miss Liberty on a passenger coach. Fittingly, I think the CNJ adopted her for their logo during WW-II.
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    New Jersey's Black River & Western Railroad started the 2017 steam season on Sunday with their lovely coal burning 2-8-0 No. 60 on an Easter special. She was built by ALCO in August of 1937 for Colorado's Great Western, a sugar hauler. She's served on the BR&W's roster for over 45 Years! I...
  19. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Found this l'il guy today checking out my tires. :)
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Various hacks on hand at Ringoes, NJ:
Top