Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    The BR&W's depot at Ringoes, NJ is former PRR. The railroad's shops are also located here. 2-8-0 No. 60 was hiding in the Ringoes enginehouse. She's fully operable and is ready to go for the summer season.
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Two more shots of the BR&W passenger train, one south of Flemington, NJ and the other arriving at Ringoes, NJ:
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    The Reading built many splendid depots along its lines, a number of which contained housing for their Agents. This station at Hopewell, NJ on their mainline between Philadelphia New York City was built in 1876 for the Delaware & Bound Brook Railroad. I'm not sure how the station is being...
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    For a brief while longer, N&W Position Light ("PL") Signals prevail at Marion, VA. They'll be replaced within the month with modern types. Ugh.
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    The LV's branch to Flemington, NJ left the main at Flemington Junction. Here's the Flemington Junction station on 04/01/2017 -and in its glory days-:
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    The downpour continued on the former LV main at Three Bridges, NJ. This is the Black River & Western's connection to the outside world. An overpowered NS local with a UP unit arrived to set out tank cars for the BR&W. I immediately toweled off my D5100 after each shoot this day and it seems...
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    NJ Transit (aka NJ "Trainset" :)) arriving at Somerville, NJ on a very cold and rainy 03/31/17 on the former CNJ mainline. Happily the original CNJ station has been renovated by a law firm with excellent attention to detail.
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught this empty coal train last Wednesday proceeding westward out of Montgomery Tunnel on the former N&W mainline at Shawsville, VA:
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Hiked trackside in the woods today and found a tight curve that I thought might work for a photo. Trees blocked the composition I'd hoped for, but I thought this classic speed limit sign near the curve was pretty cool -- 50 MPH for passenger and 40 for freight.
  10. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I fabricated a mount in my pickup to quickly hang my scanner on and to be able to read the display. Gotta dig my my old skool magnetic automotive compass too, right? :eek: Next, I want to built a patch cord to play the scanner audio through the stereo. Where's a Radio Shack when I need one?
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught a southbound unit grain train on this very cold and windy afternoon, and with a UP unit in trail.
  12. S

    Post your birds (2)

    Oh, I just can't decide on what model to buy honey, there are so many! Oh, wait ...... I see a nice MX-5 RF over there!
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    When CSX installed PTC (Positive Train Control) signaling on the former SAL mainline, all sorts of new signal locations appeared such as this one I learned about yesterday and snapped this afternoon. This line sees only four through trains a day - Amtrak's Silver Star at night and a daytime...
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From this afternoon, CSX southbound at Elgin, SC. I messed around with the format and decided that a square matched the composition best. Man, those bright ditch lights can really mess up a meter reading can't they? I used Matrix Metring on this one so that the reading wouldn't be overwhelmed...
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    All these nice caboose photos! Most of mine are on un-scanned 35mm slides, but I did find a few. Here's one from March 1986 at the former GM&O depot at Prattville, AL. NS is starting on its way from Prattville to the Port of Mobile with an entire unit train of boxcars loaded with linerboard...
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Grab shot from today. Figured a train might be in the area and caught it in the pines.
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught this loaded coal train and mid-train helper on Monday at Devine Jct. in Columbia, SC:
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Yesterday in Asheville, NC, Blue Ridge Southern departs the NS yard returning to Canton, NC:
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Two more from yesterday in Columbia, SC, with an NS transfer returning from the CSX yard and two CSX units running light. I'd hoped to get some sort of reflection in the puddle and out of luck got the NS logo.
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus train has arrived in Columbia, SC. I was surprised to see a number of circus families, with toy baskets, strollers and little kid bicycles outside of the railcars and with moms and dads playing with their children. The number of people employed...
Top