Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Train 18D with another load of BMWs for export from the Port of Charleston, SC (USA).
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Today's grab shot, NS Train 192 arriving at Columbia, SC from Macon, GA. The three units were working hard as they passed by at slow speed and sounded great.
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Found a classic SW-1 yesterday at a pasta plant, former Chicago & North Western, built 1953.
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    As I waited for the Nickel Plate train to arrive, I found a Federal Railroad Administration inspection car set out on the mainline and within minutes, power arrived to move it onto the siding and clear up. I've ridden in a similar car once and the view is unmatched. :cool:
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Yay - after ten years I finally caught up with Norfolk Southern's Nickel Plate heritage unit today. This is a northbound train, so the sun is always in an awful spot for photography, but I know of a short segment on the line that runs east/west and it affords nice light. The Nickel Plate Road...
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught new CSX train F784 at the south end of the siding in Camden, SC today. It was a beautiful day to be out. This train restores a daily manifest through train to this line, eliminated several years ago through Precision Scheduled Railroading changes. Glad to have it back! :)
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Started off the New Year by finding NS 8114 in the hole with a rock train at Simpson, SC this morning. This is one of Norfolk Southern's Heritage Locomotives, painted in original Norfolk Southern livery. There was once a Norfolk Southern before today's Norfolk Southern, with the name dating...
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    A chilly day in 1976 at Barrington, IL finds Elgin, Joliet & Eastern train No. 6 on the move. The EJ&E is owned today by Canadian National. [Nikkormat FTn, Plus X film]
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught Amtrak's northbound Palmetto today at CSX's Pee Dee River bridge at Marion, SC. This was the only mainline move I saw in four hours. :( The second photo was a yard job at Florence, SC operating in the shadows to foil photography. :eek:
  10. S

    Post your favorite November 2021 shot

    I've struck out with train shots the entire month, always a few minutes late. Frustrating. Does a cell phone snapshot of the first run on my model railroad count? :)
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken in the drizzle and fading light this afternoon, train 15R was led by one of Norfolk Southern's "Hertitage Units", the New York Central. Despite the poor photo quality, I'd never seen this locomotive and am happy to have caught up with it. I didn't even know my ancient D5100 could shoot...
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Yesterday's Train F779 arrives in Columbia, SC. That's NS on the right. Getting two trains here would be super cool.
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    NS winds its way through the woods at Talcott, SC.
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Stopped by Devine Jct. in Columbia, SC today and caught two NS trains in 15 minutes. CSX was due as well, but rain was on the way and I packed it in. Local P75 is a turn on its way west to Monetta, SC. The 6927 is a former C&NW SD-60. Train 18D is in from Spartanburg on its way to the Port...
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught today is Train 15R at Ridgeway, SC
  16. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    From Saturday's Volkswagen meet in western North Carolina. 2007 GTI MK-5 Fahrenheit Edition, No. 369 of 1200 made Sportwagen 1975 Van, Brazilian Interior of '65 Beetle
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    NS's Interstate Heritage Unit has been cycling back and forth from Spartanburg, SC and the Port of Charleston for two weeks now, most often running at night when this railfan is asleep. Today it ran in daylight and I grabbed the opportunity. By the way, that's a solid train of spanking new...
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Also came upon two South Carolina shortlines, the Greenville & Western and the Pickens. The PICK's units are GE-U18s, former SCL built in 1973 and they sound fantastic, with their loping 4-Cycle rhythm. It's been many years since my ears have been treated to such. G&W 3751 is a former B&O GP-9.
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Two more from yesterday at Taylors, SC, a northbound (No. 212 headed to New Jersey) and a southbound.
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken this morning on the NS main at Taylors, SC, Train 265 with Illinois Terminal Heritage Unit 1072 leading. I wish I could say that I planned this shot, but the 1072's appearance was pure serendipity.
Top