Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Had some time on Saturday afternoon to check out Norfolk Southern's mainline between Greenville, SC and Spartanburg, SC. I'd never seen much of this portion of the line. Caught a few shots and found some locations worth revisiting. Taylors, SC: Wellford, SC:
  2. S

    May 2021 Monthly Assignment: Bridge(s) or Depth

    Local pool, finally open. The curving bullnosed brick caught my eye here.
  3. S

    May 2021 Monthly Assignment: Bridge(s) or Depth

    A small footbridge crossing a creek in our neighborhood.
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Stopped at Fairforest, SC just missing seeing a train, but a look at the signals indicated more action was to come. In fact, three more moves followed in twenty minutes. :) A westbound stacker: On his heels, a westbound light engine move: and an eastbound stacker:
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I didn't want to post this shot in the Birds In Flight thread, because he was just sitting there trackside like I was. :)
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Two shots taken yesterday, the first at Clemson, SC of NS 265 with the Virginian heritage unit lending a hand and the second near Jarrett, GA on the Tugaloo River bridge at the GA/SC state line. I tried in vain for this shot many times in the late '80s, and finally hit paydirt yesterday after a...
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Today would have been Conrail's 45th birthday. I still miss "Big Blue". This Kodachrome dates from almost 32 years ago to the day, taken in the heart of PRR country at Altoona, PA on 04/04/1989. [Nikon N2020]
  8. S

    Post your Farm Equipment shots

    Not very large, but a hard worker in the tractor tradition was our family International Harvester Cub Cadet 123 seen here in 1975. With its mighty 12 HP, my brother and I mowed neighborhood lawns all summer and cleared driveways all winter. Dad bought the gas and paid for the maintenance...
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    This field adjacent to the Blue Ridge Southern at East Flat Rock, NC is usually home to some dairy cows, but none were to be found while I chased the train. The farmer had a sign posted nearby which read Cow pictures are free Bulls charge :D
  10. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thank you. I hadn't thought of a lotto win, but you might be on to something there. :) I also caught this backlit NS stacker at Fairforest, SC on the same day.
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    In a case of serendipity, I found Blue Ridge Southern working the most distant extremity of their line yesterday, once NS's to Saluda, NC and the famous grade, once the steepest mainline grade in the U.S. and now out of service. I'd taken a shortcut, expecting to see the usual cuts of stored...
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From October 1979, L&N GE U-30C 1573 awaits its next assignment at Knoxville, TN. Not the best lighting, but what ya gonna do? [Kodachrome, Nikon EL-2]
  13. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    I finally found a nice day to wax the new GTI. I'm sure my 0-60 times are a bit quicker now. :cool:
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    N&W 611 departs Attalla, AL for Chattanooga, TN. It's a beautiful 04/01/1989 morning and she's on her first fantrip of the season. [Kodachrome, Nikon N2020]
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I stopped at the same location at sunset five days later and caught a northbound intermodal train. The light wasn't great, but I cranked off a few shots. Note that the two units are the same as in my shots from above! :eek:
  16. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    As seen yesterday, a 1965 Porsche 356C available for $135,000 USD (£97,500 GBP). Safe to say, it will not reside in my garage. :cool:
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught a light engine move on the former Southern Railway mainline at Fairforest, SC on Thursday, probably to pick up a train in Greenville. Trailing was another DC-to-AC locomotive in special paint.
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Took the car for a spin on this fine spring-like day and soon saw CSX Train F764, a puny local at the Camden, SC Amtrak station. Lighting wasn't the best, so I waited in vain for the train's return trip, but lost patience.
  19. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    My new car, a 2021 VW GTI SE 6-Speed Manual in Cornflower Blue:
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Got trackside today to snag a shot of NS 238 at Columbia, SC. It's a daily stack train that runs from Greenville, SC to the Port of Charleston, SC. It's lead by GE AC44C6M 4003, one of Norfolk Southern's locomotives converted from DC to AC and given a special paint scheme.
Top