Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From today, CSX F779. I was waiting for a train headed by NS's Interstate Heritage Unit, but the train was late and I packed it in because of the heat and impending rush hour traffic.
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Also caught CSX turning a pair of units at Devine Jct. in Columbia, SC. I'm adjusting to railfanning with my GTI, which includes not driving through flooded streets of unknown depth as I did with my pick up truck. :eek:
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught up with NS 8099 today, their Southern Railway Heritage Unit. I've been star crossed with this locomotive, having seen it several times before, but never in a good spot. It had rained shortly before and skies were overcast, but I was glad to get the shot. NS should buy a box of soap --...
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    It seems that it's been forever since I've been trackside with my D5100. Despite the overcast, I sought to remedy the situation and sought NS Train 18D, a daily train run from Greer, SC to the Port of Charleston, SC run just for BMW to bring vehicles to the Port for export. Here's 18D today at...
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From 07/18/2002 in Atlanta, GA, twin GE AC-4400CWs are working hard. The bungalow reads "Top Of Slide", marking the location of a particularly notorious curving grade of 3.2% that descends into the former L&N (ex-NC&StL) Tilford Yard. Maximum speed downgrade as governed by timetable is 8 MPH...
  6. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Two door Volkswagen Golf MK-5 GTI spotted earlier this week at the Post Office. I've always loved the looks and size of this generation, sold in the U.S. from about 2004 to 2010. That's my '21 Cornflower Blue MK-7.5 in the background. As I was shooting the MK-5, a 2019 MK-7.5 Rabbit...
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Taken by Mrs. Sandpatch with her cell phone at Seneca, SC is a train on an NS branchline. We were taking an evening walk and couldn't believe our good fortune. This was a nighttime train and was only recently changed to run in daylight. The 7127 is a 30 year old GP-60, as is the second unit.
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught the same train a bit further along its route, but a cloud appeared and wiped out my lighting. CSX crosses the NS's yard leads just ahead and in a nod to 19th Century railroading, CSX must come to a stop before crossing NS. I presume they look both ways before proceeding. :D
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Passed through Columbia, SC today and detoured through town to see what was moving on the railroad. Typical summer temperatures in the 90s with high humidity kept my visit short, but caught CSX F768 at Tryon Street. CSX and NS share a short piece of joint trackage here as the lines converge to...
  10. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    My new VW GTI during yesterday's road trip.
  11. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Also found these two very neat and notable cars. A Suzuki Cappuccino (produced from 1991 to 1998 in Japan for their domestic market and for several EU countries): A Fiat 500e all-electric car sold only in California and Oregon:
  12. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Just a handful of VW snapshots from this morning's Cars & Coffee meet. Sandpatch's VW GTI: Another VW GTI: Two VW GTI Rs:
  13. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Some shots from our neighborhood car show. My GTI was feeling inadequate next to the C5 (?) Corvette. :eek:
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Not sure if I posted this one before. From 10/06/2019, Carolina Piedmont 2007 (former SOU GP-38 2740) rests with stablemates at Laurens, SC. The CPDR operates about 35 miles of line from Laurens to Greenville, SC formerly owned by the ACL.
  15. S

    Post your favorite May shot 2021

    The D5100 soldiers on. Canadian Pacific westbound at Duplianville, WI interlocking.
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    A great question. We'd planned on it, but my wife has yet to retire (despite my pleas!) and the driving would have consumed too many days. Would have been nice to have it, as we had to rent a car when there. Next time for sure. Speaking of graffiti, I also caught this nice...
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Visited with family in WI this past week and was able to stop by the CP (former Milwaukee Road) / CN (former Soo) junction at Duplainville. It's a busy spot.
  18. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Wife and I attended a car show yesterday. I'm amazed at the skills possessed by some owners!
  19. S

    Post Your Black and Whites Photos!!

    Taken by my college student kid in Knoxville with a cell phone. I thought it turned out pretty neat.
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Also found the former Piedmont & Northern depot in Greer, SC under renovation. The P&N favored stucco walls and tile roofs on their structures and fortunately a few of them remain.
Top