Weekly Challenge Sept 16th- 23rd: "Panorama"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This does not look very 'panoram-ery', but it is my very first attempt and I like it. It is 3 photos taken this morning with the camera in a vertical position, on a tripod.

panorama_pe%20blk%20n%20wht%201400_zps27e9ffc3.jpg

What happened?

AC016

Well, i was going to enter this contest, but my computer won't let me. Put 3 pics together in photoshop elements and after clicking on "clean edges", i got the very polite message, "you don't have enough f'ing RAM". Uggggh..... What a rude computer.

Dave_W

The Dude
Well, i was going to enter this contest, but my computer won't let me. Put 3 pics together in photoshop elements and after clicking on "clean edges", i got the very polite message, "you don't have enough f'ing RAM". Uggggh..... What a rude computer.

Increase your "scratch disc" size in the Preference. It will allow PS to use your disc space as memory, it won't be fast but it will, or should, allow you to complete this task.

Here's some background on scratch disc for Elements

Scratch Disk

Last edited:

pedroj

No Longer For Consideration

I broke out the thinking cap on this one.
I don't see any reason why a panny has to be a landscape.
With that in mind, I am taking you on a short tour of my side yard and
eight bottles of wine on my deck railing. This is four shots of two bottles each and
stitched together with non-melting ICE.

Enjoy

View attachment 16701

:very_drunk: :devilish:

AW CRAP! I forgot the Black and white part! :stupid:

Bummer Dude!

:apologetic:

Here is what I SHOULD have posted.

View attachment 16732

I'll have to come up to Mars and give you hand to get rid of the bottles out of the pic..

AC016

Well, here is what i was able to put together. It's 3 photos put together. They are from last year and were taken with my D3000 when i had it - i now have D5100 and D80. I think Marcel will recognize this skyline.

P.S.: lol, well, i guess this really can't be an entry since the pics are from last year! - i just remembered the rules. Should have just kept my trap shut. Oh well, at least i got to learn how to do this in Elements and Windows Live Photo Gallery.

DSC_0906 Stitch (4000x1351).jpg

Last edited:

Kim20

Man, am I the ONLY one who can't figure out how to do this!!! lol I have photoshop elements 10 on my Macbook pro, but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to put pics together. I am getting a bit frustrated, because I have taken some shots to try this, but...... I just don't know what I am doing! lol
By the way, these are some great entries! I love this Panorama style!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Man, am I the ONLY one who can't figure out how to do this!!! lol I have photoshop elements 10 on my Macbook pro, but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to put pics together. I am getting a bit frustrated, because I have taken some shots to try this, but...... I just don't know what I am doing! lol
By the way, these are some great entries! I love this Panorama style!

Look in the menu, File<automate<photomerge. Not sure about elements, but this is the path for CS5. Should be similar. If your 3 photos are open, it asks you if you want to use the open files.

Good luck.

Kim20

OMG!!!! Thank you SOOOO much Marcel! That was all I needed! I just didn't know the path! lol I can't wait to do more!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
OMG!!!! Thank you SOOOO much Marcel! That was all I needed! I just didn't know the path! lol I can't wait to do more!

You're welcome Kim. I was just worried that it wouldn't work with Elements. But I thought Adobe probably have some kind of format.
I'm glad it worked, can't wait to see yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyNH_RIP

Re: Weekly Challenge Sept 16th- 23rd: "Panorama" IBIZA, Talamanca Bay sept 2012

Richard, very nice... some good shots in this bunch....

Pat i n NH

Dave_W

The Dude
This is the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island. This classic hotel was built in 1888 and is one of the last surviving wooden Victorian beach resorts. It has hosted many famous individuals including Presidents and foreign dignitaries over the last ~125 years of existence. The Hotel Del Coronado is also designated a California Historical landmark. The movie "Some Like it Hot" staring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon was filmed here in the 1959

del-6-Edit-sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.