Weekly Challenge Sept 16th- 23rd: "Panorama"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailtastic

My first attempt at a weekly comp. Hope this is up to scratch?

DSC_0265_stitch_small.jpg

sailtastic

Many thanks Pat,

I got my D3100 about a month ago (my first DSLR) and have been learning every time I pick it up. For this shot I tried in Manual, but just couldn't get the whitebalance right. Resorted to Aperture priority with F-stop 11, ISO200 and let the exposure time sort out the fact I had so much light on the 1st capture (left part of the pic). As a result the exposure time is 1/2500 on the left, 1/2000 in the middle and 1/1250 on the right. I used Microsoft ICE to stitch the pics and am really pleased with the blends. Great challenge, as I would never have tried this otherwise.

RockyNH_RIP

Many thanks Pat,

I got my D3100 about a month ago (my first DSLR) and have been learning every time I pick it up. For this shot I tried in Manual, but just couldn't get the whitebalance right. Resorted to Aperture priority with F-stop 11, ISO200 and let the exposure time sort out the fact I had so much light on the 1st capture (left part of the pic). As a result the exposure time is 1/2500 on the left, 1/2000 in the middle and 1/1250 on the right. I used Microsoft ICE to stitch the pics and am really pleased with the blends. Great challenge, as I would never have tried this otherwise.

I did mine in manual, (inside a mfg plant) and set exposure based on the middle shot though both sides were pretty close in lighting.. I Used Microsft Gallery to stitch mine... not sure if that is ICE or something different. This is also my 1st DSLR.

Pat in NH

Mike150

I haven't had a chance to do much of anything with the camera this week. I did have to cross the mountain this afternoon, so I stopped at an overlook and took a few shots.Massive haze going on so this is the best I can get. What surprised me is that if you look close enough, you can see faint artifacts from where each shot was stitched. Mostly visible in the real light areas of the sky. I used MS ICE so it may be a drawback with that program

BW Pano.jpg

I did attempt to clone them out, but that just screwed it up more. I really need to learn how to use Photoshop...

Kim20

This is Toby Creek, just a mile or so from home, in the background are the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Thanks to all for your help in figuring out how to make a panoramic scene. , I have had so much fun with my new knowledge! This is a compilation of 5 photos, the colors are amazing in it, and I will post it in my 365.
panorams@tobycreek 3.jpeg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A little more than an hour and a half for those of you who haven't sent your shot in for the panorama challenge. I won't be up to close the thread at midnight, but entries that will come in after that time won't be accounted for.

Hurry up!

Status
Not open for further replies.