Weekly Challenge Sept 16th- 23rd: "Panorama"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWJams

Tough contest for me since the sky's are so smokey from all the fires. It has been like this all summer and Monday I was in Butte making a delivery and could actually see the hills on the other side of valley.

Sept_Misc._2012_40_HDR_stitch.jpg

This was 3 bracketed exposures -- times 5 frames and then stitched together.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Very nice KWJams...
I have my first one complete but want to do a different one friday/sat and then will pick from the 2...

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
NOT for Judging.

Just to show what got me to select this subject for challenge, here's one I did with the 24mm lens on FX in Sliema, Malta last week.
The wide angle really made this one different.

View Sliema Sepia.jpg

Lscha

This does not look very 'panoram-ery', but it is my very first attempt and I like it. It is 3 photos taken this morning with the camera in a vertical position, on a tripod.

panorama_pe blk n wht 1400_zps27e9ffc3.jpg

Last edited:

nikonpup

What is the file size limit for inserting a file to challenge thread? Just hate resizing to make things fit. Thanks.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not 100% certain, but if you can take it down below 1.5M you should be OK.
To get a larger photo without the larger size, start by reducing the definition (DPI). For monitor viewing, 72 dpi is the best you can get since it is the native monitor's definition.

Scott Murray

Ok here is mine. Seeing I am at work and on night shift this is all I can do lol. Just wanted to enter this one. Shhh dont tell them :D. Taken with my iPhone 4 though so might not be able to enter it :D

IMG_2586_zpsa3a19ec8.jpg

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

This does not look very 'panoram-ery', but it is my very first attempt and I like it. It is 3 photos taken this morning with the camera in a vertical position, on a tripod.

Laura, very nice! I like the clouds and the reflection of the tree's in the water. Where was that taken? I am originally from Michigan, western suburbs of Detroit, Redord, Livonia, Plymouth..

Anyway, Nice Job.

Pat in NH

Lscha

Laura, very nice! I like the clouds and the reflection of the tree's in the water. Where was that taken? I am originally from Michigan, western suburbs of Detroit, Redord, Livonia, Plymouth..

Anyway, Nice Job.

Pat in NH

Thank you Pat. I'm originally from the Mt Clemens, Clinton Twp area. This was taken in my back yard in Sebewaing.

RockyNH_RIP

Ok, here is my entry... I used a D5100 with an 18-55mm lens. It was 5 Horizontals taken at:
18mm
Manual Mode 1/60 - F4
Natural Plant light - (Flourescent)
Camera was hand held
Stitching in Microsoft Gallery

I was testing to learn at home and did a 150 deg in my living room.. I liked the effect so decided to try a shot at work. Its different I know, as most are doing landscapes but I liked it for my first ever real panorama.

I hope some like it...

Pat in NH

Challenge Stitch2.jpg

Carolina Photo Guy

Ok, here is my entry... I used a D5100 with an 18-55mm lens. It was 5 Horizontals taken at:
18mm
Manual Mode 1/60 - F4
Natural Plant light - (Flourescent)
Camera was hand held
Stitching in Microsoft Gallery

I was testing to learn at home and did a 150 deg in my living room.. I liked the effect so decided to try a shot at work. Its different I know, as most are doing landscapes but I liked it for my first ever real panorama.

I hope some like it...

Pat in NH

View attachment 16820

As long as YOU like it, thats all that counts.

How-ever, you do have a future in industrial photography. This is a pretty good shot! :)

RookieDSLR

Here is my entry I guess it will work I don't really know how this will turn out as soon as I post it but it looks good in photoshop. I took three pics and used photomerge in CS5 and then had to group and merge the layers and convert to black and white. Anyway here ya are. Thanks

Jeremy V.

View attachment Framed Panaramic View.jpg

Just-Clayton

Ok! I went out and re-did my shot. I decided not to go bridge to bridge because, of the wires over head. I feel this turned out pretty good.View attachment 16824

Attachments

• Panorama_8 (800x333).jpg
    Panorama_8 (800x333).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

As long as YOU like it, that's all that counts.

How-ever, you do have a future in industrial photography. This is a pretty good shot! :)

Pete, thank you for the kind words... You are right though, if I like it then all is good... I learned a lot with this challenge, especially with just having the camera a week.. It was fun, I learned so I feel good ...

Pat in NH

Last edited by a moderator:

pedroj

13 image pano stitched in CS5...Farming land Manning river...

Attachments

• 13 image pano.jpg
    13 image pano.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.