upgrade to D750?

ShootRaw

I think you are blind...

Don't spread mis information ... It is only your twisted opinion ... Not sure why you are spewing such negativity about a camera that has won so many awards this year.. Maybe it's you and not the camera.. No muddy images this way ...

konos

Don't spread mis information ... It is only your twisted opinion ... Not sure why you are spewing such negativity about a camera that has won so many awards this year.. Maybe it's you and not the camera.. No muddy images this way ...

Ok, I am not here to argue with anyone. BUT only if you take both cameras side by side and take the same shot by the same settings you will understand what I mean.

J-see

Ok, I am not here to argue with anyone. BUT only if you take both cameras side by side and take the same shot by the same settings you will understand what I mean.

DxO did that with the D600 - D610 - D750 and they qualify the difference as that trivial you won't see it when it comes to colors, DR and sharpness. There's hardly a quality difference .

J-see

Don't bells & whistles count for anything?

Sure but none of us sees the difference in 0.5bit color, 18/24 or 19/24 sharpness or 0.2EV DR range. Subjectively the one color might look better than the other but that can't be objectively quantified.

If we have to look at a blown up shot with a magnifying glass, that only shows how trivial it is.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Sure but none of us sees the difference in 0.5bit color, 18/24 or 19/24 sharpness or 0.2EV DR range. Subjectively the one color might look better than the other but that can't be objectively quantified.

If we have to look at a blown up shot with a magnifying glass, that only shows how trivial it is.

​But.....but......it's new! lol

J-see

I like the D750 very much. It's a fantastic cam at every level. Well almost every level.

But that it is so much worse than an older model is a bit hard to believe. Technology usually moves forward not backwards. Else we'll be living in caves again within a century.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I like the D750 very much. It's a fantastic cam at every level. Well almost every level.

But that it is so much worse than an older model is a bit hard to believe. Technology usually moves forward not backwards. Else we'll be living in caves again within a century.

I obviously don't own one....but I'd have to say from what I've read, it is very pricey for the minor upgrades in quality.

J-see

I obviously don't own one....but I'd have to say from what I've read, it is very pricey for the minor upgrades in quality.

That depends what you upgrade from. In my case it was worth all the money. If you have a D600-D610, it might make more sense to wait. It's for everyone different I guess.

J-see

I had the same with the D810. Before I got the D750 I considered it and it was worth all the money.

​Now I got the D750 first, the D810 is suddenly an awful lot of money for not that much more. At least not in terms of what I need.

Slipperman

i have a D5100 so obviously i was justified. i had read about the dirty sensor problems (or something to that effect) with the D610 so that scared me off and the D810 was just too expensive. the D750 was a very nice upgrade (for me) and the price was right. and how can you go wrong with a camera that just came out within the last year?

ShootRaw

The image quality of the D750 speaks for itself.. Maybe the person hating on this camera should look on the best of the D750 thread... No muddy images like he is claiming .. I love mine.. That's all that matters.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

That depends what you upgrade from. In my case it was worth all the money. If you have a D600-D610, it might make more sense to wait. It's for everyone different I guess.

Well....actually....I made a mistake....the equivalent camera from Canon that Popular Photography compares the D750 to, costs more than $500 more than the D750. I guess Nikon IS cheaper than that.

J-see

Well....actually....I made a mistake....the equivalent camera from Canon that Popular Photography compares the D750 to, costs more than $500 more than the D750. I guess Nikon IS cheaper than that.

I don't know what Canon they compare but when I check the values (DR, color, sensitivity) that matter for me on the 7D Mark II, it isn't any competition for the D750.

​Even my D3300 outclasses it at that level and that one costs as much as 2 beers and a burger.

J-see

Actually....Popular Photography said the D750 would save you over $1000 when compared to Canon's 5D Mark III.

That one does better than the 7D at those levels but it has to have other fancy stuff to be worth that 1000. Wouldn't be worth it for me but worth depends too upon desire and need.

I got all I need but there's plenty I still desire. ;)