Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Looks AWESOME with a D7000!

RocketCowboy

All this talk on UWA lenses has me itching! What is the filter size for the Tokina? The Nikon 10-24 is 77mm and is looking to be a bear to find filter locally for...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmilcs

How is it??? :)

Dude, I don't think I can wait any longer. About to pull the trigger and spend my "real" money as opposed to my paypal / ebay funds.

I'm also very tempted to pick up the 50 1.8G --- but I'm afraid that will overlap too much with my 60 1.8D and 35 2.8D.

What do you fellas think?

Horoscope Fish

I'm also very tempted to pick up the 50 1.8G --- but I'm afraid that will overlap too much with my 60 1.8D and 35 2.8D.
What do you fellas think?
Well it's all a matter of personal preference of course... That being said, I'm good with a 35mm and an 85mm. I have a 50mm but rarely use it and don't feel the need to have EVERY... SINGLE... MM of focal length "covered".

My way of thinking is, if it's not getting used with some degree of regularity, I sell it off; but I'm a minimalist. I understand some people cling to the "Yeah, but what if..." line of reasoning. So, if you're not comfortable selling your glass, hold onto it. You can always sell it later but once you let go of it, it's gone forever. I mean, yeah, sure, you could by another one but I think my overarching point is clear.

Horoscope Fish

Should I buy the DX or DX II version of the Tokina 11-16? Is the IQ any better? Will the internal zoom be beneficial?
The DX II version has an internal auto-focus motor. If your camera already has an internal auto-focus motor you don't need the "II" version of the lens. If you camera does not have an internal auto-focus motor, and you want the lens to auto-focus, you'll need the DX II version.

bmilcs

Chicken out?! Never. I ended upgrading my phone tonight to a Galaxy S5. Very happy with my swap from an iPhone.

Will be buying the lens this week. Promise!

Blacktop

I'm still on the Galaxy3:(
Good luck with your new lens, we're just messin around.
When you do get it, just post as many questions as you need. It is a bit of a learning curve with Ultra wide angle lenses.

bmilcs

I have a contender for my next lens purchase.

The new Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. It's rumored to be better than the 35 1.8/50 1.8 and it'd allow me to go significantly wider than I can now (35mm). Will 18mm be enough? I don't know. But it will allow me to get rid of my 35mm and give me a great range to use.

What do you think?

I keep the 35mm 1.8 on my camera the vast majority of the time.