Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Looks AWESOME with a D7000!

iamntxhunter

It is a great lens and with it being a 2.8 it makes it that much nicer for doing artsy type shots, Highly recommend it to anyone who want a DX UW lens.

nikabuz

Yeah the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 is a great lens for the D7000.
I've had mine for about a year now & very happy.
Sweet spot seems to be between f5.6 & f11.
I never go above f16 as it gets soft.

Oh & don't lose the hood like I did!!
A genuine hood is around $50 (Downunder)!!!
Bought an el-cheapo one from eBay for about 10 bucks & its visible when the lens is wide open!

bmilcs

For those of you who own this lens, is it your favorite lens? If not, what is your favorite lens and what do you typically shoot with?

overtime91

I have started with my 18-105mm nikkor which I'm very happy with since it was a kit lense. This lense is supposedly the best kit lense out, due to online ratings I've researched

I shot this today with my Tokina 11-16 and D7100
Yes I love this lens.

d71_6480.jpg

Horoscope Fish

For those of you who own this lens, is it your favorite lens? If not, what is your favorite lens and what do you typically shoot with?
The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 is my favorite ultra-wide, but I don't know that I have a single "favorite" lens; I have a small selection very good to excellent lenses that I use for just about everything. What lens I use depends on what I'm shooting and when.

egosbar

got the coin for mine now , im getting one for $3.30 , bargain brand new out of hong kong i think and yes the decimal point is right

Blacktop

Yes, right now it is my favorite lens, but I only had it for a few weeks, so it's still has that new (to me) lens smell.:)

bmilcs

Noob question but because it's ultra wide, am I right in thinking the bokeh will be quite poor quality? My 35 1.8 is great but the bokeh. Not so much. I really like everything about it minus the bokeh.

Noob question but because it's ultra wide, am I right in thinking the bokeh will be quite poor quality? My 35 1.8 is great but the bokeh. Not so much. I really like everything about it minus the bokeh.

The Depth of Field is so great that you should not be worried about bokeh.

At 11mm
F2.8

Subject distance7.05 ft
Depth of field
Near limit3.53 ft
Far limitInfinity
TotalInfinite
In front of subject3.5 ft
Behind subjectInfinite
Hyperfocal distance7.05 ft

At F16
Subject distance1.28 ft
Depth of field
Near limit0.64 ft
Far limitInfinity
TotalInfinite
In front of subject0.6 ft
Behind subjectInfinite
Hyperfocal distance1.28 ft

Blacktop

Ultra wide angle lenses are made just for that. Shooting ultra wide. Means that you want a whole lot of stuff showing. Not meant for bokeh, nor would you want bokeh.