Status
Not open for further replies.

RON_RIP

Here are the selfies I was finally able to get!:D

dsc_6820.jpg

dsc_6823.jpg

dsc_6822.jpg

dsc_6821.jpg
I hope you play a musical instrument Bill, one of these photos should been the front of a Bluegrass album cover.

Bill16

Well here is the latest update. Lol

I am finding going to church hard for me, but I plan to continue to go for the foreseeable future. I am going to try anyway.

But I admit I lost all patience for that dating site I have been trying to make friends through. I think I am too honest and straightforward to fit in there. I can see that the site itself causes some of the issues with it to get you to upgrade to paying for the less obstructed version.
I imagine all of these dating sites are like that. But I may try one of the other sites my phycologist suggested, to see if it frustrates as bad as the last site.

But I have to say my loneliness hasn't got any better so far. But I will keep hoping for some relief, and keep living day by day as I wait.

Bill16

I am considering making some kind of offer to take some free photos for the people in my church. But I am unsure what kind of offer to make exactly, and how much work I want to do altogether on this. My thought is it could be a way to make friends better, to get in some much needed camera time, and maybe help with my loneliness if a miracle happens.

Anyway this is just a thought I was having, and after seeing the collection plate I doubt anyone could really afford to pay for pro-photographer. So far though this is just a thought for now.

What do you think my friends?

"CHRIS"

I think it sounds like a plan Bill. The trick is how to bring it up to the pastor/people. If this church has outdoor activities (picnics, field trips, etc) then you could offer to take some pics. Then you could possibly print out a few to put on their bulletin board, or whatever. Or make a slide show to view......I'm not sure how rigid the services are LOL. Definitely a way to make friends IMO........as long as you don't force yourself on someone. Some folks are camera shy. Maybe the church needs to update their website, etc. and you could take some pics for that. Or maybe they have a weekly circular that they hand out.....another opportunity to provide some pics. I'm just brain storming here LOL, I may be way off base. It can't hurt to ask. Heck, you may find that there are a few newbies that would be interested in forming a camera club of sorts......who knows?

Last edited:

Danno

Offer it as something simple like a church directory. We did that and a photographer in the church and it was great. The directory shot turned into family photos in some cases. It was a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RobV

My church has a bulletin board just for individual/couple portraits of the members with their names attached.
I suggest that you offer the photography as your gift to the church, and have the church pay for the prints. 3x5 I think ours are.

Anything done directly for the church should be gratis. From that, hopefully word would spread that there is a new local photographer in town.

Seeing how it is summer, you should brush up on your outdoor portrait skills.

"CHRIS"

My church has a bulletin board just for individual/couple portraits of the members with their names attached.
I suggest that you offer the photography as your gift to the church, and have the church pay for the prints. 3x5 I think ours are.

Anything done directly for the church should be gratis. From that, hopefully word would spread that there is a new local photographer in town.

Seeing how it is summer, you should brush up on your outdoor portrait skills.

Then progress towards PIF..............or Parishioners in Flight LOL!!!!!!!

RON_RIP

Well first off, do you have a printer? And sufficient ink and paper to make prints for those who want them? Photographing Church events does seem to be a good first step. And even without a printer, you can e-mail large size jpeg's to some people or burn a cd so that they can go to Costco or Walmart and get the prints they want. It does seem like a good way to make new friends. keep us in the loop buddy.

RobV

Regarding your dating sites, I would go with Craigslist.
Personals / PLATONIC ONLY / M4W

Talk about yourself and your interests. Don't mention your late wife other than the fact that you are recently widowed.
Feel free to tell of your interest in photography, but DO NOT talk about your equipment. If you happen to meet a fellow photo bug, and she has Canons, it is not the end of the world. (she won't be borrowing your lenses!)

And you need to work on your self-portraits. Something with a smile, maybe outside in your backyard, greenery behind you.

Feel free to mention that you are open to a long term relationship, but only with a new best friend.
You can say that you are no where near perfect, but don't go into details.
Build on your strengths.
Mention that you love dogs or cats if you do. A lot of women have one or the other. And the fact that you have none makes you an easier match.
In my experience, getting two dogs to get along is easier than cats.

Specify non-tobacco user if that is important to you. Definitely no alcohol other than occasional glass of wine or whatever matches your criteria.
NO hard drugs. Be aware that 420 is code for cannabis (pot) use.

Feel free to specify an age range that you prefer. State your age.

Good luck. Smile. Brush your teeth regularly. Open the car door for her.

With your current money situation, I would hold off on pay sites.

Bill16

I actually need all new teeth after getting oral surgery to remove all the broken teeth, and dentures are cleaned different. Smiling will look better if I wait till I get all of that done and have dentures to smile with!lol ;)
Besides I am a lousy model anyway!lol ;)

Regarding your dating sites, I would go with Craigslist.
Personals / PLATONIC ONLY / M4W

Talk about yourself and your interests. Don't mention your late wife other than the fact that you are recently widowed.
Feel free to tell of your interest in photography, but DO NOT talk about your equipment. If you happen to meet a fellow photo bug, and she has Canons, it is not the end of the world. (she won't be borrowing your lenses!)

And you need to work on your self-portraits. Something with a smile, maybe outside in your backyard, greenery behind you.

Feel free to mention that you are open to a long term relationship, but only with a new best friend.
You can say that you are no where near perfect, but don't go into details.
Build on your strengths.
Mention that you love dogs or cats if you do. A lot of women have one or the other. And the fact that you have none makes you an easier match.
In my experience, getting two dogs to get along is easier than cats.

Specify non-tobacco user if that is important to you. Definitely no alcohol other than occasional glass of wine or whatever matches your criteria.
NO hard drugs. Be aware that 420 is code for cannabis (pot) use.

Feel free to specify an age range that you prefer. State your age.

Good luck. Smile. Brush your teeth regularly. Open the car door for her.

With your current money situation, I would hold off on pay sites.

RobV

I smile with my mouth closed.

If you met an otherwise viable mate, would you care if she were saving up for dentures? ESPECIALLY if she were saving for them and not putting them on a credit card!

Another point - find someone who is comfortable living below their means.

Bill16

Hey I just suck as a model! Lol you take away all my excuses, so all I have left is I suck as a model!lol :p

On a side note, I may be spending time getting to know a beautiful lady in the army, even if she decides in the end that I am not for her. It seems like she needs someone and maybe I can be there for her.:)

I smile with my mouth closed.

If you met an otherwise viable mate, would you care if she were saving up for dentures? ESPECIALLY if she were saving for them and not putting them on a credit card!

Another point - find someone who is comfortable living below their means.

RobV

I think that the 4 photos you posted recently prove that you have potential as a model.
I suffer terribly from low self esteem, so I know what you are talking about, but when I look at your pictures of yourself, I see a decent looking guy.

Every once in a while I have a "good" day and see the Rob that other people see - and it feels pretty good. Bizarre, but good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.