The latest update about Bill16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Bill there are cruel people out there brother, but there are a lot of folks here that care for you and I for one am glad you are willing to listen. Many would not. Enjoy what is left of your day and take some satisfaction in knowing with the help of your friends you were able see through the illusion. God Bless Bill.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Bill, no one doubts you are experiencing a great deal of pain over this. Get angry. Let out the pain by crying or however you best express your emotions. Once you've done that, you need to realize something very important.

None of us can control what others think or do. Your earlier comment wondering what she was going to do with your photos is an example. You received many positive comments about your photos from Nikonite members. What I see is a man of integrity with a huge heart--someone who is honest and kind.

Since you can't control what she does or says about your photos, don't let it get to you. Granted that is easier said than done. BUT...are you going to let someone's opinion who you don't really know carry more weight than the opinions of your fellow Nikonites? THAT's what you need to focus on right now. Unfortunately both good and evil exist in our world; however, you get to decide which one you will focus on. No need for you to respond, my friend. Thinking about you.

Bill16

Thanks my friends! But I am afraid today just isn't going to be a great day for me, though it saved me from a much worse day later. I took my meds so I am calm again thank God. I admit I was hooked bad and thinking of marriage, so I know I would have been fooled for likely much longer.
The young lady in the photo only graduated from high school in 2011 for God's sake. Just a kid really. Diffidently not the 39 year old woman I was thinking about.

Now I have to tell the preacher I was fooled and that to take her off the prayer list. If I knew the name of the creep, that is who I would pray for. For she or he needs God's help for sure.

Anxiety meds are a life saver when you truly need them. It is terrible that people abuse them making them harder to get for those of us who need them.

I thought in some strange way my late wife was helping me find her, knowing I needed someone to help me be happy. Instead I walked into a trap that only an ignorant old fool like me would miss all of the red flags of it all.

Anyway I will survive to hopefully not make the same mistakes again. I am debating deleting my Facebook account now, since I am easily fool this way apparently.

Happy fourth to you all my friends! :)

Ironwood

Don't be too hard on yourself over this Bill, chalk it up as a learning experience.
I am just glad it was nipped in the bud early.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of Australian men taken advantage of every year by similar scams. Apparently we are a nation of soft targets. Most of the ones targeting Australians originate from Northern Africa or Eastern Europe.

I went back and had another look at the photo you posted, it was chosen very cleverly, any red-blooded male from the western world could fall for the woman in that photo, beautiful and patriotic, and no doubt caring and understanding in the correspondence to you .

Anyway, I have probably said too much already.

Heres to the Nikonites family :cheerful: :encouragement:.

RON_RIP

Wise choice Bill. Facebook is not a medium for many of us. Stick to your church group and interact with people that you come into contact with in your daily life. True friends, like your fellow Nikonites, are out there, but they must be cultivated and won over by true acts of kindness and concern. Believe it or not Bill, there are people out there much worse off than yourself and I believe, we are put on this earth to reach out and help these folks in any way we are able. Look at the folks just North of you, in West Virginia, many who are devastated by the recent flooding. Perhaps your Church will reach out to them and you might be able to aid in that effort in some small way. There are all manner of ways to enrich your life if you will but seek them out. Keep the faith Buddy and know we are here for you in good times and in bad.

Blacktop

I just read through this whole story. Sorry about this, but you learned a lesson and thanks to these wonderful people here on Nikonites, it was a lesson learned not too late. It could have been much worse!

Roy1961

Contributor
wow Bill, you have been let of the hook, sad thing is she will probably move on to someone else and not bat a eyelid, some sad sick people out there.

Bill16

A more accurate description would be that some friends were able to show me undeniable proof that this was a scam, and I painfully ripped the hook out. Yes my good friends here all helped to save me from it ending up even worse off. Bless them for their caring.:)

Bill16

My putting my person feelings and such on a thread, seems to be something I shouldn't do. So I will end this thread and stick to posting just photos and such when I have some.
No offense meant to anyone, and I welcome all PMs or emails from you my friends for subjects non-photography related. Thank you all for your help today and times before.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.