The 105 micro lens - show me your images

Bill16

I love my "Antique" version! Lol But I really want to get a newer 1:1 ratio version some day to go with my old fav! :D
But I think I want an FX version, thinking of my future plans and all. But to be honest, I've been afraid to look into it right now with money being low, and me not being the most patient soul! Lol :D

ShootRaw

Beauty.jpg
Deep Thought.jpg

Last edited:

Watch72

My contribution photos with the Nikon 105 Micro lens. A very versatile lens. At 105mm it doubles as a very nice portrait lens. The macro ability of this lens is unsurpassed - very sharp (best on tripod) and color rendition is very good. My only (a little) gripe with this lens is the size and weight - it is heavy to bring along on extended walk e.g. on a country trail looking for good macro opportunities. I usually set it up on my Gitzo and lug it with camera, lens and tripod together. Otherwise a great lens for all macro shots.

Macro-1.jpg

Macro-2.jpg

Macro-3.jpg

480sparky

It would be pretty hard to be disappointed with this lens..........

It's one of the few lenses that most will never 'grow out of'. Not many get good enough to exceed the capability of this class of lens. And since they're FX format, the camera you mount it onto won't be 'crippled'.

wud

Thank you so much for showing theses superb images. I cannot press like with tapatalk, but I like a lot!

Ironwood, you use it with tubes/extenders too, right?

Watch72, its not more heavy than the 70-200 mm, right? Well, my camera are pretty heavy so guess it doesnt really matter :)

Piperbarb, great pictures. I really like the second where the small animal are mirrored.

Sendt fra min GT-P3110 med Tapatalk

Ironwood

Ironwood, you use it with tubes/extenders too, right?

No, all those photos are just with the lens straight on the D7100.

The insects and spiders are all 1:1, and most are cropped to some extent, the B&W Fly is cropped quite heavily.

​I have a Kenko 1.4 TC, which works with this lens, but I lose some sharpness when using it, I find I get better quality images with no TC and crop where needed.

wud

Ironwood, wow. Amazing! I didnt thought it could get THAT close.

Eduard, understandeble. Very beautiful image.

Sendt fra min GT-P3110 med Tapatalk

WhiteLight

Thank you so much for showing theses superb images. I cannot press like with tapatalk, but I like a lot!
@wud - yes you can :)
Select the post you want to like, go to options, first option is 'like' post
I've been liking all these super cool pics from tapatalk ;-)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Ironwood

Do you tray f/22?
Any flash or do you use tripod?
I like to see original (not croped) photo of the fly.

I have tried a smaller aperture, but prefer to use f16, though I have used f18 and got some shots I am happy with.
I use flash with a diffuser for all my insect shots. I dont use a tripod for insects, slows me down too much. I use one for some flower shots though.

I cant find the original of that fly shot in my previous post, I have either archived it or deleted it. This one was taken just previous to the other one and is similar.

Uncropped. ISO 200, f16, 1/250th sec. +1.67EV, flash fired.
DSC_2836 (1).jpg

​Cropped version.
DSC_2836.jpg