The 105 micro lens - show me your images

kiwi86

I started out just using the onboard flash and a copy of Scott Murray's diffuser, which works very well,
read about it in his thread here, http://nikonites.com/macro/16864-experimenting.html#axzz2jTofAP5h

I now have a Yongnuo YN568EX flash, I am trying different diffusers with it to try and get it to work as I want,
check out some of my efforts here, http://nikonites.com/macro/17507-yongnuo-yn568ex-flash-macro-close-ups.html#axzz2jTofAP5h

Do you use flash bracket?

wud

Just trying it out a little, will have to look for a bug (autumn here, so not many left)

My oldest dog and my husband

105_9661_web.jpg

105_9660_web.jpg

Ironwood

Do you use flash bracket?

No, I dont use flash bracket.

This thread is about Wud's Nikon 105 lens, we are getting off track.
If you have questions about flash or general macro, it might be a good idea to ask in a relevant thread, or start one of your own specific to your topic, you will get better responses that way.

wud

Nice shots Wud. I take it you are enjoying your new lens.

Im searching for the annoying fly my husband and youngest dog tries to catch every evening, lol. I said to leave it ;)

It's very!! smooth. I'm pretty amazed. The dof line (the sharp part) are so clear.
Different view, getting so close to everything, like a new world with its own composition rules. Will try it at the studio tomorrow too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironwood

Im searching for the annoying fly my husband and youngest dog tries to catch every evening, lol. I said to leave it ;)

It's very!! smooth. I'm pretty amazed. The dof line (the sharp part) are so clear.
Different view, getting so close to everything, like a new world with its own composition rules. Will try it at the studio tomorrow too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I use mine. the more I get to like it.
​It spends more time on my camera than all my other lenses put together.

wud

My eye!

oje_0030_web.jpg

Tigerhead in flower :)

flue_0131_web.jpg

And this isn't so good, but chasing flies are hard, lol. Funny to see how close I could get.

flue_0094_web.jpg