Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

Blacktop

Ok fellas, I got up an hour earlier today to test out the lens outside in the sun. I put it on the D7100 this morning, and came to the conclusion ,that for small birds I will be shooting this lens with Emmylou. LOL, but when shooting larger birds like cranes and stuff, it will be on the D750.

So now I have a new dilemma. I will have to purchase another 200-500mm lens. This way they will both be attached at all times and ready to go.
That means that I will also need a D810 to have a landscape lens attached to it at all times and ready to go.

OR, I could just commits suicide before Mrs. Blacktop shoots me!
::what::(Anything in Italic font of course is just me being silly)Oz

Here is my first bird shot.

_DSC6482-Edit.jpg

Blacktop

Looks to have good detail

Yes, for using it the first time not bad. I have a few more of Max and lilly I'll put up. The real test will be tomorrow when I do some BIF. I'm dying to test out the "sport" VR. I'll do some comparison shots, with sports vr on/off regular VR on/off. I will be shooting at my normal 1/1600th of a second

Blacktop

That is one big lens! So is it longer and/or fatter than the Tamron? I know you said it was heavier--which I guess might be why the Tamron doesn't require a tripod collar. Congratulations, Pete! ;)

I didn't get to shoot the Tamzooka too long, maybe an hour but from what I remember this is a tiny bit larger. The weight is not that much different.

Tammy 4.3 lbs nikon 4.6 lbs

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I I took the specs off B$H website. It could be wrong. Sorry if I misled anyone.

I just checked B&H's web site. The weight you listed is what they have, but the Nikon web site lists it as Mike said. I'm wondering if the difference is due to the tripod collar? Maybe? :indecisiveness:

EDIT
: Amazon also lists it as 4.6 pounds.

Blacktop

I just checked B&H's web site. The weight you listed is what they have, but the Nikon web site lists it as Mike said. I'm wondering if the difference is due to the tripod collar? Maybe? :indecisiveness:

Either that or the lens hood. It is a big assed lens hood,but I don't think it weighs that much.

Blacktop

EDIT
: Amazon also lists it as 4.6 pounds.

I wish I had scale now. I threw it out after I started to gain weight. It's easier to deny it then to face it.:)