Shutter failure on my D750 this morning.

You got that right. :D

Just doing my part.

train derailment.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
No worries. I don't know what a hot shoe is, what it does, nor do I care.:highly_amused:

While the camera is at the shop, you should ask them to check. And give them the link. If it is a problem, you might as well get it fixed now.

BackdoorArts

Folks have been bitching about the hotshoe since the camera came out. I've never had an issue. Neither have thousands of other owners. It's the internet, people would often rather bitch than shoot.

Blacktop

While the camera is at the shop, you should ask them to check. And give them the link. If it is a problem, you might as well get it fixed now.

Actually there is nothing wrong with it. I tried it out when I first got the camera when I was going over it, to make sure everything was in working order.:encouragement:

Blacktop

Folks have been bitching about the hotshoe since the camera came out. I've never had an issue. Neither have thousands of other owners. It's the internet, people would often rather bitch than shoot.

The only bitchin' I heard about it was, that Nikon was too cheap to include a hot shoe cover.:p Also haven't heard anyone bitching about the shutter falling apart, and yet it happened.;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Never had a problem with my flash shoe but come to think about it I am not sure I have even used it yet...Runs to go check now.

Just checked mine two different ways. Put the flash directly on the hot shoe as well as used an SC-28 remote cord fastened to a flash bracket. Both ways worked without any problem. Whew! ;)

Blacktop

Received an e-mail from Nikon, Thursday.

Dear Peter Blacktop sir.

We have received your Nikon D750. Unfortunately we can not fix it. The shutter blew up and it's all over the place.
We apologize for this mishap and would like to make things right by sending you free of charge, a new Nikon D5 camera along with a Nikon D500 as a backup.

Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Hot Donna, from Nikon USA....(ps. call me)

Last edited:

RocketCowboy

I've seen it pretty regularly, when non-Nikon devices are connected to the hot shoe. First time I saw it was with at an OCF seminar back last June with Yongnuo speed lights and triggers in the hot shoe, and more recently with the Phottix Odin controller at a Meetup back in November... multiple different shooters and copies of the D750 body.

That said, simply repositioning the device will correct the problem, but it adds a little excitement when you're trying to figure out why the lights didn't fire.