Server move!

weebee

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
OK, so now the "What's New" button gives me absolutely EVERYTHING that's new, blow by blow, whether I want it or not, and not just threads with new posts. So getting to new posts is now a 2 click process. I'm not an opponent of change, but some stuff wasn't broken.

This was back to normal a few minutes ago.

fotojack

In Quick Reply, when I click on Insert Image icon, and then Select File, nothing happens. It won't let me select a file. Just a heads up.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Just noticed when I click on gallery, there is no sub-menus

Working on that

There appears to be a problem when quoting someone AND there is a photo in the quote. The quoted photo is partway outside of the quotes, and the written response shows up on the side of the photo instead of underneath it.

I'll have to take a look at that. Prob a template issue.

In my last post in my Grandpaws image thread, HERE, the picture is now gone and when I try and put it back it say that it is a INVALID IMAGE FILE. I tried more of them that I have already loaded and it says the same thing. Don't know if it has anything to do with the upgrade from this morning or not.
That will happen if you loaded a photo on the old server and are viewing the site the new one now. You should be able to upload it again though.

sent from my phone

Jonathan

I can't add photos any more. I get the uploader, but it doesn't work. When I choose the old uploader I can choose a file but then the server or something tells me it's not a valid image type. I have tried with various images. Using Chrome on a Mac and have rebooted.

pictaker64

Tried uploading in the wildlife>birds forum...just tried again and same thing,invalid file..no worries,I am sure it will work out eventually...gives me a chance to stock up on pics to share :cool:

Where are you trying to upload?

You're welcome! Part of the problem was an upgrade to php, which I didn't account for. The old version of the software we were running didn't like it! Of course the new version comes with some new somewhat useless things, like the activity stream. Blah!

grandpaw

I just tried loading a picture to the post it disappeared from and I successfully uploaded it to the post. Thanks for correcting the problem.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@jdeg, thanks for spending so much time working out the bugs! I'm sure it's a royal pain, but your time and effort is appreciated. :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I can upload now! Thanks for the great job!

Sweat. I think I figured out what the prob was with that. There was actually two issues.

@jdeg, thanks for spending so much time working out the bugs! I'm sure it's a royal pain, but your time and effort is appreciated. :)
No prob. ;) I actually spent a while setting up the server first and testing things but I missed a couple details. Like vbulletin sucking at life.

sent from my phone

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Also, sorry this is taking so long guys. I've literally been running back yo my computer and changing things in between a lot of other disasters that are going on in the jdeg household today.

sent from my phone

pictaker64

Family comes first,dont sweat this stuff,we all can relate to Life...

Also, sorry this is taking so long guys. I've literally been running back yo my computer and changing things in between a lot of other disasters that are going on in the jdeg household today.

sent from my phone

weebee

No need to apologize. I may have to send you the bill for the stuff I bought at a certain website while waiting for the site to come fully back up! j/k
Thanks for your efforts.

skater

Like vbulletin sucking at life.

All of the forum software do, as far as I can tell - I run a phpBB3-based site and just spent a couple hours trying to figure several errors from an upgrade a few weeks ago. Thanks for running a great site.

Whiskeyman

sent from my phone

All of the forum software do, as far as I can tell - I run a phpBB3-based site and just spent a couple hours trying to figure several errors from an upgrade a few weeks ago. Thanks for running a great site.

John,

Your hard work on this site is certainly appreciated!

WM

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Thanks for understanding everyone.

I made a tweak to the image uploads to put them back to how they were previously. Let me know if there are any problems.

sent from my phone