Server move!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just waiting for the internet to update. You probably won't even notice the difference.

When I left click some photos and they open, there is a blue band on the tops and bottoms. I noticed this a little late last night as well as this morning. Is that something that will now happen on this server? It doesn't happen with all the photos though, but I tried to select photos that I thought were uploaded directly to this site rather than linked from another.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Okay I just fixed some errors, but that brought about some more errors. I will be fixing those shortly.

BackdoorArts

OK, so now the "What's New" button gives me absolutely EVERYTHING that's new, blow by blow, whether I want it or not, and not just threads with new posts. So getting to new posts is now a 2 click process. I'm not an opponent of change, but some stuff wasn't broken.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
After the photo hits the gallery, I don't see the option to load more photos. Am I missing something?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
OK, so now the "What's New" button gives me absolutely EVERYTHING that's new, blow by blow, whether I want it or not, and not just threads with new posts. So getting to new posts is now a 2 click process. I'm not an opponent of change, but some stuff wasn't broken.

Hmm...I never used that link. On the black bar underneath and to the left is a link with New Posts. That's the one I use.

pictaker64

Tried to upload a few pics but keep getting not a valid photo ...they are jpegs,just like I have been doin since I joined...just a heads up for admin,server moves,software upgrades always lead to growing problems...thanks for taking your time to be involved,as an admin at music site I know how frustrating things can seem to both admin and members

weebee

Tried to upload a few pics but keep getting not a valid photo ...they are jpegs,just like I have been doin since I joined...just a heads up for admin,server moves,software upgrades always lead to growing problems...thanks for taking your time to be involved,as an admin at music site I know how frustrating things can seem to both admin and members

I can't either yet

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It appears as though the What's New link on the yellow bar and the Activity Stream on the black bar are the exact same links.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

Fixed. I don't think I like vbulletin's bright idea either.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

Where are you trying to upload?

You're welcome! Part of the problem was an upgrade to php, which I didn't account for. The old version of the software we were running didn't like it! Of course the new version comes with some new somewhat useless things, like the activity stream. Blah!

Whiskeyman

Must fix soon, or I may be forced to go to Adorama and buy more stuff to keep me busy!! :)

As in actually visit the store instead of on the internet, too, isn't it? Then go!! and post a narrative about your trip here later. Please be very detailed and though for those of us who aren't as fortunate as those who live so close to "those" stores!

WM

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
There appears to be a problem when quoting someone AND there is a photo in the quote. The quoted photo is partway outside of the quotes, and the written response shows up on the side of the photo instead of underneath it.

weebee

As in actually visit the store instead of on the internet, too, isn't it? Then go!! and post a narrative about your trip here later. Please be very detailed and though for those of us who aren't as fortunate as those who live so close to "those" stores!

WM

No, I live way upstate. A few miles from Lake Ontario. I wish I could go to one of their locations though.