Pretzel's Snack-A-Day (365 for 2014)

Pretzel

Couple of fun ones I've taken recently...

Recent trip to the zoo in one of the open aviary sections. Rare REALLY close up.

Zootrip.jpg

Used the tip @BackdoorHippie gave us on this one, color over B&W and blend...

InFocus3.jpg

Mushrooms on a stump, from the angle most never see.

InFocus5.jpg

Great place to return to for an outdoor portrait session some day. Especially when the fall colors finally start hitting here...

InFocus9.jpg

...and finally, a mud puddle selfie. ;)

InFocus10.jpg

Pretzel

A series of edits, on the same shot, I played around with last night. It's just the "top 3" of all the different edits I messed around with, actually, as I find it amazing all the different feels you can get from the same pic.

DaisyDear1.jpg

DaisyDear2.jpg

I fell in love with this 3rd B&W edit, and gave it a title, "Life after death..."

DaisyDear.jpg

Yes... I know. I'm a bit off at times.

Lawrence

Some amazing shots there with the "kit" - I just love it how those lenses keep proving how good they are.

Your shots are brilliant, your skill is awesome and your post processing is admirable.

Did I mention I hate you? :)

Pretzel

Some amazing shots there with the "kit" - I just love it how those lenses keep proving how good they are.

Your shots are brilliant, your skill is awesome and your post processing is admirable.

Did I mention I hate you? :)

LOL, thanks, thanks and THANKS! Not sure my skill level is anywhere near worth the compliments, or the hate, though. HA HA!

Pretzel

Our LifeGroup had a mini in-group workshop tonight, "Extending the Fall shooting window".

Messed around a bit with what I learned. Still so much more to sort out, but... what ya think?

1st shot, minor crop, no other edits.

AutumnEditBefore.jpg

2nd shot with many of the editing tips/tricks in play.

AutumnEditTest.jpg

Verdict?

Pretzel

Another before and after, but with a mid point. Any preference on the 1 v 2 v 3? Any other tips or thoughts/suggestions are ALWAYS encouraged and welcomed as well!

Original unedited crop.

Test edit original.jpg

LR only...

Test edit autumn-2.jpg

Just a little touch, here and there, with Perfect Effects 8

Test edit autumn.jpg

Blacktop

Our LifeGroup had a mini in-group workshop tonight, "Extending the Fall shooting window".

Messed around a bit with what I learned. Still so much more to sort out, but... what ya think?

1st shot, minor crop, no other edits.

View attachment 120003

2nd shot with many of the editing tips/tricks in play.

View attachment 120004

Verdict?

Indian summer in NIK? The top of the head got a little of the color added to it. You can use the control point to select the affected area, and bring down the opacity.
You can also access NIK Tools from the filter menu from PS . This way PS will add a NIK layer with a mask, and you can brush out the color in the hair.

Pretzel

Indian summer in NIK? The top of the head got a little of the color added to it. You can use the control point to select the affected area, and bring down the opacity.
You can also access NIK Tools from the filter menu from PS . This way PS will add a NIK layer with a mask, and you can brush out the color in the hair.

Nope, all LR man. Nothin' more...