Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Not something I normally shoot
dsc_6303_01.jpg

Blacktop

It's a bit awkward in the beginning since you're intruding their privacy but once you get used to it, you no longer care.
I would love to shoot this type of stuff, but I always feel funny about it and just shy away.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

J-see

I would love to shoot this type of stuff, but I always feel funny about it and just shy away.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It's something we have to overcome and when we do, we discover most people have less issues with being photographed than we have with taking their shots.

If you use a long lens, as I do, you maintain some comfort room. I find the 300mm perfect to grab that shot that presents itself. I can comfortably sit there for some hours and observe. I have my cam on my lap and since I prefer to shoot as wide open as possible, only need to keep an eye on the light and adjust my shutter accordingly. If there's a shot, I need but a second to get it.

I tried shooting with a shorter lens but wasn't too pleased with the results. You're that close people are too aware of that cam and put on their public face.

J-see

_DSC4489-2.jpg

I grabbed a shot and left. Nothing more annoying as a photographer than some twat with a cam distracting your shoot.