Post your latest purchases.

Dangerspouse

Found this on a one day flash sale for 33% off. I'd been thinking of getting one for a while, so it was quite serendipitous seeing it online while I was checking out lower priced, lower power units. On sale, this comes in with more power than them for less money. Can't wait to start playing with it.

Neewer Monolight Wrapped (1 of 1).jpg

Neewer Monolight Unwrapped (1 of 1).jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Found this on a one day flash sale for 33% off. I'd been thinking of getting one for a while, so it was quite serendipitous seeing it online while I was checking out lower priced, lower power units. On sale, this comes in with more power than them for less money. Can't wait to start playing with it.

View attachment 379936

View attachment 379937

400 watts of power will handle a great deal especially indoors (and even outdoors if you use a supplemental source of power). Did you get a trigger, or does it connect via cable to your camera?

Nice find especially with the price, DS! :encouragement:

Dangerspouse

400 watts of power will handle a great deal especially indoors (and even outdoors if you use a supplemental source of power). Did you get a trigger, or does it connect via cable to your camera?

Nice find especially with the price, DS! :encouragement:

Thanks!

I do have a radio trigger already that will work with it, but I also have the option of using my speedlight to trigger it as a master/slave. It's pretty versatile, and simple to operate from what I've been reading. :joyous:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally pulled the trigger on this 70-200 f2.8S

View attachment 384240

A birthday present to myself. I've been saving for this lens for over a year and got a small stack of birthday gift cards for Adorama from loved ones that helped pay for the tax, (Washington sales tax is 9%, ouch!)
[whispering psst ... B&H has a Payboo card where you won't pay tax on purchases with them.

Danno

Finally pulled the trigger on this 70-200 f2.8S

View attachment 384240

A birthday present to myself. I've been saving for this lens for over a year and got a small stack of birthday gift cards for Adorama from loved ones that helped pay for the tax, (Washington sales tax is 9%, ouch!)
Have you received the lens yet? If so how do you like it? I was shocked at how much I have enjoyed mine.

TwistedThrottle

Have you received the lens yet? If so how do you like it? I was shocked at how much I have enjoyed mine.
Just received it 5 minutes ago. Right off the bat, I can say I’m impressed with the weight and the balance on my z6! Thought it’d be heavier than it is and more front heavy on the z6. I’ve been holding out for an f4 to keep the weight down, (and price) but the weight isn’t too bad at all, surprisingly so! Initially, I’m really pleased but I’ll have to do some testing with the lens to really get a feel for it.

Does your copy make any noise when gently shaken with the lens off camera? Mine does but not when attached to a body. Assuming it’s a floating element situation but it’s concerning coming from such an expensive lens. None of my other lenses make that noise and like I said, it stops once it’s clicked onto a body.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Nice photos. The Z glass is amazing isn’t it. I do not use my 50 1.8 much anymore. Most photos I take are at church these days and I use either 24-70 f2.8 or the 85 f1.8. You are right, the Z glass does impact your appreciation for the F glass. I have replaced all of my F glass with the comparable Z glass and I do like it better.

I don’t post as much right now because most the photos I take are at church and I just don’t feel good about posting them, but I really prefer the results.
Hey, Dan. I really liked the landscapes you used to post. I hope I see some of these in the future. :)

TwistedThrottle

Yup, I love it! I have the 80-200 that I've used on the FTZ, its very front heavy and manual focus only. I rented a Tamron 70-200 and didnt enjoy it this much. I've only had a chance to chase the cats and dog around the house so far, but everything about it is awesome! Oh, and the noise I heard when unboxing has not been replicated since, even separating the lens from the body and shaking it. I dont know what I heard at first but its no longer an issue.

TwistedThrottle

Yes TwistedThrottle, I also have the 80-200 and it is a great lens.
I wouldn’t go that far Brent, lol! It was a great lens back in the 90’s before anything digital and before anything comparable came around. It’s soft until f5.6 at which time modern lenses like the 70-300 af-p are sharper. This new lens is super sharp even at f2.8 without any of the awful green and purple fringing that plagued the 80-200. YRMV, but that’s my take on it. I’ll never use that 80-200 again unless I find the need to get a Nikon film camera, it just can’t resolve fine detail like the modern glass can do.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Eduard I hope you have a big enough hard drive. ;) By all reports that is a great camera, you will love it. I plan to chug along with my X-T4, but seeing the X-T5 is giving GAS pains. Let us know how you get on with it.
I did purchase a 2TB Samsung T7 Shield to use along with LR Mobile on my iPad Pro. I actually only took the iPad on our most recent trip. LR Mobile is a great option.

samsung.jpg

bluzman

I just got a used AF-S FX 50mm f/1.8 lens from MPB. I actually had this lens once before as part of my D750 gear. I traded that body and most of my FX lenses to MPB for a barely used D500 and cash a while ago.

Since then, my only prime lenses were an AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8 for my DSLRs and a Viltrox Z AF DX 23mm f/1.4 for my Z 50. Neither lens got a lot of use since I mostly shoot wildlife with several telephoto lenses. Recently, though, I participated in a month long fun exercise for which one could only use 35mm or 50mm primes. Based on the experience, I decided I'd like to have a prime lens with a longer focal length. Since I'm committed to DX DSLRs, the FX 50mm seemed like a good choice with its 75mm equivalent FOV on my APS-C bodies.