hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
That looks like it! Thank you.

193388 MS-8 AA battery holder

That costs as much as the camera :loyal:

Yes, I know. But keep checking. Maybe one will show up somewhere. Or maybe someone will be selling parts. You could always check with independent repair centers to see if there is one lying around.

carguy

Yes, I know. But keep checking. Maybe one will show up somewhere. Or maybe someone will be selling parts. You could always check with independent repair centers to see if there is one lying around.
I'm dong just that - thank you! I did find them as cheap as $11 while searching yesterday.

drummerJ99

Ended up picking up a D7200. I had rented one last weekend to use at a rock concert and was pleasantly surprised with how much better it done then my D3200.
aeff2f49fd9c52f2f3553e16fb4674d1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
When B&H had the sale on the BlackRapid Sport Breathe straps, I picked up two. They got here today. I think they will take a load off of my neck (back). My wife may get one, but if she doesn't want it, I will just put one on each of my main cameras.

Danno

Ended up picking up a D7200. I had rented one last weekend to use at a rock concert and was pleasantly surprised with how much better it done then my D3200.
aeff2f49fd9c52f2f3553e16fb4674d1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Congratulations, the more you use it the more you will love it. I bought a seperate handbook when I got mine and it really helped me get to know the differences between the 3200 and the 7200. Enjoy!

Danno

I think most know I have purchased the Z 6 but I kind of went on a bit of a spree. I did get the kit with the 24-70 f4 and the FTZ adapter with the body. I also bought the 50 mm 1.8 that I do really like. In addition to that I bought a Really Right Stuff L- Bracket that works well with my tripod as well as adding a little to the grip for my wide hands.

I also got an NISI kit ND filter kit. I had wanted these for a while and decided to just go ahead and get them.

Yes I am pretty excited about this camera. I apologize for the rough focus on the shot. One of those days.44

Latest Purch-6426.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I think most know I have purchased the Z 6 but I kind of went on a bit of a spree. I did get the kit with the 24-70 f4 and the FTZ adapter with the body. I also bought the 50 mm 1.8 that I do really like. In addition to that I bought a Really Right Stuff L- Bracket that works well with my tripod as well as adding a little to the grip for my wide hands.

I also got an NISI kit ND filter kit. I had wanted these for a while and decided to just go ahead and get them.

Yes I am pretty excited about this camera. I apologize for the rough focus on the shot. One of those days.44

View attachment 310099

Nice collection, Danno! :encouragement: So is the NISI filter kit similar to a Cokin filter kit? I'm not familiar with the NISI. Looks like we will be seeing more of your photos in the near future. ;)

Danno

Nice collection, Danno! :encouragement: So is the NISI filter kit similar to a Cokin filter kit? I'm not familiar with the NISI. Looks like we will be seeing more of your photos in the near future. ;)
The NISI filters are similar to Lee. This set come with a circular polirizer that fits in the back of the holder. My hope is to play with some water photos. Watched a lot of YouTube this winter while Pat was resting in the hospital.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
A friend purchased my backup X-T2 but we have a 2 week trip to Poland coming up. I convinced She Who Must Be Obeyed that I "needed" a backup for the trip. :angel:

IMG_2939.jpg

carguy

Latest toy - N90 w/MB-10 and finally put my vintage Smugmug Pro neoprene strap to use :)
I scooped up a 50mm f1.8D for $35 on ebay that arrived this week as well. I've shot about 7 frames so far, such a nice kit!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
IMG_1276.jpg

Added the 16mm today to round out my Fuji prime set. Left to right: Laowa 9/2.8, Fuji 16/2.8, 23/2, 35/2, 50/2. Last prime I want at some point is the 80/2.8 Macro.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
After getting the Nikon 24-70mm f/4 VR lens last fall (and being really impressed by it), I seriously started looking at the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 VR to replace my Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR. The IQ of the 70-200mm is better although it comes at a loss of focal length. However, I already have a 1.4x teleconverter that I can use if needed. Found a 70-200mm f/4 VR in mint condition and played around with it yesterday.

Took this using my D750. Cropped it down from the original size of 20x13 to 5x7 - so a huge crop. After I resized this for the forum, I went back and enlarged my PCC file via ON1 Resize 10 to bring the size up to 12" on the long side. It turned out fine. I'm really impressed with the IQ of this lens.

_DSC0070 low res.jpg

Slipperman

for the second time..

Tokina

same price as the first one i bought 3 yrs ago. since the reimbursement (see post under Lenses/Wide Angle) completely covered this price, the only thing i had to pay for was the 3 yr drops and spills warranty for $27 which came in very handy the first time around.
reasons other than price include the zoom capability, the larger aperture and free shipping. plus there just wasn't a lot of reasonably priced alternatives out there. for zooms anyway.

guess what? the second one has crapped out on me now too and with the same problem (auto-focus does not work). has to be a problem with the lens not getting along with my D750 because with both the first and the second, the lens worked fine for the first few uses but eventually didn't respond. press AF - nothing, press shutter half way, nothing. this time as an experiment, placed the lens on my old D5100 and sure enough, it worked. not sure what's going on here but i decided to try something else. behold my new Sigma 14-24..

Sigma

i was going to get the Tamron 15-30 but i read so-so reviews about it in the wide angle lens forum.

nikonpup

DSC_5117.jpg
do you wonder why camera sales are for the big guys are down, I could have purchased 4 batteries and 2 chargers for what some sites are selling one battery for. :-( batteries and charger from ravpower. When i received my d750 it came with the lexar 32gb card, works fine so sticking with the horse i rode in on. so bring on summer, i am ready.