Post your latest purchases.

Horoscope Fish

anybody else come away with a boatload of stuff from Prime Day? photo-related or not..
No, but apparently there were some deals to be had (Camera Gear for $100 on Prime Day) due to a pricing error on Am-a-zon's end. This includes the Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS, which normally sells for $13,000.00 (not a typo). Initial reports on other forums is that Am-a-zon is, at least so far, honoring the prices charged. Some people are floating the idea the price-glitch was actually a marketing scheme.

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
No, but apparently there were some deals to be had (Camera Gear for $100 on Prime Day) due to a pricing error on Am-a-zon's end. This includes the Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS, which normally sells for $13,000.00 (not a typo). Initial reports on other forums is that Am-a-zon is, at least so far, honoring the prices charged. Some people are floating the idea the price-glitch was actually a marketing scheme.

If I'd known I would have bought a couple, sold them for like $1000 a piece, made a nice profit and also make a couple of Canon users happy. :)

Danno

Well, this latest purchase will curtail any investment in glass... Love investing in new water line... and it is only about 125 plus feet from the road to the house... under 99 rocks and a dirt per yard. On the upside it is a pretty day, the temp is manageable and Jersey made a new friend. I am thankful.

Water line Start-3352.jpg

Water line Start-3336.jpg

Water line Start-3365.jpg

Horoscope Fish

Not for me, this one's for the wifey. She's been drooling over the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 for the loooongest time. Adorama, for whatever reason, still does not collect sales tax and they throw in a free Sigma dock for calibration. Oh yea... Focus calibration. I'll try to contain my enthusiasm.
Siggy.jpg

Having had some time to think about it, this could be pretty sweet on my D850 as well, using the DX crop mode, which would render perfectly acceptable 15MPx images to work with.
Hmmmmmmm...

Last edited:

crashton

Just picked up a Nikon 1 10-100mm non-PD lens. Also a Fuji 50-230mm zoom.

If you don't hear from me again it's because my loving wife has killed me. :unconscious:

Danno

Bought a hoodeye for the Z6. I liked the one I have on the D7200 and it does help shade the viewfinder in the bright sun.

2408-2019-045862361069962535478.jpg untitled-3752.jpg

weebee

InkBird 6 probe Thermometer. Thought I better get something since I almost burned down the garage when my smoke generator caught fire!

inkbird.jpg

Danno

Well I "preordered" this lens on August 4th from B&H. Mid September I started getting bored with the "we do not know when we can expect a shipment" line from B&H so I started looking elsewhere. I called my local brick and mortar store around the 3rd or 4th Week of September, and they said they would let me know.

I went out looking on line and discovered that Dell sold Nikon so I "confirmed" that they had one in stock and could have it to me on October 4th. On October 3rd they said there was an unanticipated delay and it would not be available until October 24. Yesterday Murphy's called, (my local store), and they had one. They asked if I wanted to come and pick it up or they could ship it. I said UPS ground, and it showed up today... whoooo. Should have started with them. I will in the future.

Just playing with the lens a bit as I am waiting on the new Washer and dryer... the washer let go last Friday and the Dryer is older than the washer. I was glad the lens money was already committed.... :unconscious:

Nikkor 85-6442.jpg

Nikkor 85 JGirl-4822.jpg

mikew_RIP

Well I "preordered" this lens on August 4th from B&H. Mid September I started getting bored with the "we do not know when we can expect a shipment" line from B&H so I started looking elsewhere. I called my local brick and mortar store around the 3rd or 4th Week of September, and they said they would let me know.

I went out looking on line and discovered that Dell sold Nikon so I "confirmed" that they had one in stock and could have it to me on October 4th. On October 3rd they said there was an unanticipated delay and it would not be available until October 24. Yesterday Murphy's called, (my local store), and they had one. They asked if I wanted to come and pick it up or they could ship it. I said UPS ground, and it showed up today... whoooo. Should have started with them. I will in the future.

Just playing with the lens a bit as I am waiting on the new Washer and dryer... the washer let go last Friday and the Dryer is older than the washer. I was glad the lens money was already committed.... :unconscious:

View attachment 322880

View attachment 322881

Very nice, would have been cheaper to stay with DSLRs :D

As you know ordered my new kit today and tonight the DVD player packed in, not sure yet if we should get another 3D player or just a cheap one.