Post your latest purchases.

Danno

Very nice, would have been cheaper to stay with DSLRs :D

As you know ordered my new kit today and tonight the DVD player packed in, not sure yet if we should get another 3D player or just a cheap one.

Yes you are right. It would have been cheaper, but I have really enjoyed the z6. I just need to sell my old stuff.

I lost my DVD or misplaced our DVD when Pat went in the hospital. I got rid of Direct TV and got YouTube TV and Netflix. Much cheaper and easier for us. Still don't know what Pat's Sisters did with the DVD player. I lost my favorite big hat too.

I wish you well on the DVD player decision.

Horoscope Fish

Love this little gizmo but my better half loves it too... Which meant ordering one for myself.
Small Rig.jpg

Danno

I picked up over the past few months some different UV filters. I know that there is controversy about the need for these. I have always used them.

For a long time I used B&W, but I decided to try the "Breakthrough Photography" 4X filters. To my eye the clarity over the B&W is quite surprising.

Breakthrough Photogra[hy-4872.jpg

crashton

Nice filters, I've been using B+W filters too. They have worked well, but I think I'll try a Breakthrough filter the next time need to buy one.

Dan let us know how you like them after you've used them for a while.

I've always used filters as lens protection they have saved me a lens once. Since I don't use lens caps much the filters do come in handy. Scratch a filter no big deal. Scratch a front lens element Big issue. :hurt:

Dawg Pics

I picked up over the past few months some different UV filters. I know that there is controversy about the need for these. I have always used them.

For a long time I used B&W, but I decided to try the "Breakthrough Photography" 4X filters. To my eye the clarity over the B&W is quite surprising.

View attachment 323137
No controversy for me. I need a filter jut to protect the rim of the lens. Lesson learned from dinking my most expensive lens. I'd rather clean the filter and not worry about the lens glass so much anyway because I am such a klutz. I need some new filters, I think I am going to look at these. Are they plastic or metal?

mikew_RIP

No controversy for me. I need a filter jut to protect the rim of the lens. Lesson learned from dinking my most expensive lens. I'd rather clean the filter and not worry about the lens glass so much anyway because I am such a klutz. I need some new filters, I think I am going to look at these. Are they plastic or metal?

Glass :D sorry couldnt resist

Danno

They are a metal I believe. They also are very solid. They are ribbed so you do not need a wrench to remove them.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
With this weeks challenge being Macro and I don't have a true Macro lens I decided I would get one. I ordered a Tokina 100mm Pro D, but because it is a holiday for Adorama and B&H it won't get here in time for this weeks challenge. Life is tough, but there are other ways to get a Macro shot. ha!

Dangerspouse

With this weeks challenge being Macro and I don't have a true Macro lens I decided I would get one. I ordered a Tokina 100mm Pro D, but because it is a holiday for Adorama and B&H it won't get here in time for this weeks challenge. Life is tough, but there are other ways to get a Macro shot. ha!

I have a reverse lens mount that I've used to pretty good effect on some of my non-macro lenses. It doesn't approach the quality of my dedicated 40mm micro, but it's still pretty acceptable - especially considering the 7 dollar price tag. Haven't tried extenders, but I know a lot of people swear by them also. I hope that Tokina does good by you!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Just ordered a refurb Nikon V3 kit from Adorama. Fingers crossed it's the complete kit, if so it's such a deal for this old guy. :)

I saw that... looks like it didn’t include the EVF. I’m actually starting to sell off my N1 gear now that Laurie is using the X-T20 instead of the J5.

crashton

I saw that... looks like it didn’t include the EVF. I’m actually starting to sell off my N1 gear now that Laurie is using the X-T20 instead of the J5.

If you read further down in the description of what comes in the box both the Viewfinder & hand grip are listed. According to the person who posted the link he did get both items with his camera. If they aren't included the camera will go back.

Glad your wife is enjoying her X-T20, I really like mine.

TwistedThrottle

Just bought a Sigma 50-100 f1.8 from Amazon and showed up today. Boxing it back up to go back to Amazon because they sent me a Canon mount even though the box says Nikon and the listing on Amazon says Nikon. How disappointing! Also ordered an X4 lens filter from Breakthrough Photography that needs to be returned now too along with the Sigma dock. Grrr!

Last edited: