Post your latest purchases.

Horoscope Fish

Thanks, Paul. I will keep it in mind. I am hoping for a soft padded case although I honestly don't know if a soft or hard case will work better. What type of case came with your Yongnuo? Was it soft or hard?
The bag was made by Strobius. They had them sized for two, three, or four YN-622 triggers/controllers. I still have mine as the wife is now using my old 622's.

I'd really like something similar for my Godox gear but haven't really run across anything yet.
Strobius 1.jpg
Strobius 2.jpg
Strobius 3.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
The bag was made by Strobius. They had them sized for two, three, or four YN-622 triggers/controllers. I still have mine as the wife is now using my old 622's.

I'd really like something similar for my Godox gear but haven't really run across anything yet.
View attachment 309393
View attachment 309394
View attachment 309395

And this is exactly what I pictured in my mind. Thanks for the info. I wonder if Case Logic makes something comparable - I will definitely search!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor

View attachment 309393
View attachment 309394
View attachment 309395

I will check my Nikon flash cases for the SB-700 and SB-910 to see if they will hold the trigger and receivers. Nikon sells the cases separately although the price is kind of high. This one is the SS-700 replacement case for the SB-700. Cost is $20 new. Will still keep watch for a Case Logic case.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/746358-REG/Nikon_4964_SS_700_Soft_Case_for.html

Nikon_4964_SS_700_Soft_Case_for_1291398349000_746358.jpg

Horoscope Fish

I will check my Nikon flash cases for the SB-700 and SB-910 to see if they will hold the trigger and receivers. Nikon sells the cases separately although the price is kind of high. This one is the SS-700 replacement case for the SB-700. Cost is $20 new. Will still keep watch for a Case Logic case.
Or, you could do like I did and sell your SB-700. Letting go of the SB-700 means you'd be able to ditch triggers, and the batteries that go with them entirely, which is actually a lot nicer in practice than it might sound. Use the money to buy yourself a pair of Godox TT600's (if you don't need TTL) for about $150, or a pair of TT685's (if you do need TTL) for about $225; heck maybe even an AD 200 depending on how/what you shoot. Either way you already have a V860 for on-camera running-and-gunning and an XPRO controller; with any of the aforementioned flash pairs you'd have a totally awesome three-light setup requiring no triggers with plenty of room to expand on in the future.

BOOM.

You're welcome. :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Or, you could do like I did and sell your SB-700. Letting go of the SB-700 means you'd be able to ditch triggers, and the batteries that go with them entirely, which is actually a lot nicer in practice than it might sound. Use the money to buy yourself a pair of Godox TT600's (if you don't need TTL) for about $150, or a pair of TT685's (if you do need TTL) for about $225; heck maybe even an AD 200 depending on how/what you shoot. Either way you already have a V860 for on-camera running-and-gunning and an XPRO controller; with any of the aforementioned flash pairs you'd have a totally awesome three-light setup requiring no triggers with plenty of room to expand on in the future.

BOOM.

You're welcome. :)

:beguiled: But I have 2 SB-28 flashes that I want to put to use, too. ;) It's cheaper to keep them than to buy more flashes. But I definitely will keep in mind the TT685 units if I need to add more. I have the Godox V860 which uses a Li-Ion Battery but really don't need that type of battery vs. the similar features of the TT685. Thanks for the info on this flash. :)

Woodyg3

Contributor
Is that table runner homemade? If so, I feel your pain and share your lightness of wallet. I've discovered that a quilter should never be challenged by a photographer in the spending arena. The quilter wins every time!

WM

no idea. Not made by my wife, she doesn't quilt. She is still pretty Good at spending money on bicycle equipment, though.

carguy

My $15 gripped N90 arrived yesterday :)

I threw in some Ektar 100 attached my Smugmug Pro neoprene strap (I'm finding out these are quite rare these days) and a 85mm f1.8G for a test run :)

Does anyone have a spare N90 battery cover/door to spare? This kit did not include it as it came with the MB-10 attached.

https://flic.kr/p/2enncMW

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor

I threw in some Ektar 100 attached my Smugmug Pro neoprene strap (I'm finding out these are quite rare these days) and a 85mm f1.8G for a test run :)

Does anyone have a spare N90 battery cover/door to spare? This kit did not include it as it came with the MB-10 attached.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

I still have my N90s which I purchased new in the late 1990's. It's an amazing body and like it much better than my N70 - the controls on the N90s are much easier to navigate. Is the skin sticky? My local camera store said they tend to get that way, and when I pulled mine out from being stored, the surface is tacky. I couldn't find any solution to eliminate it, but since I don't use that body, I just put it back in the camera bag.

Enjoy yours! :encouragement:

carguy

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

I still have my N90s which I purchased new in the late 1990's. It's an amazing body and like it much better than my N70 - the controls on the N90s are much easier to navigate. Is the skin sticky? My local camera store said they tend to get that way, and when I pulled mine out from being stored, the surface is tacky. I couldn't find any solution to eliminate it, but since I don't use that body, I just put it back in the camera bag.

Enjoy yours! :encouragement:
Thank you :)
The back does have some peeling, but feels fine. Some of the backs I saw online are horrible! It does look like I'll have a N90s soon as well. I look forward to shooting this roll now that the weather is better here in the Motor City :)

Bikerbrent

Can you contact the seller and ask them if they have the battery cover they can send you?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Thank you :)
The back does have some peeling, but feels fine. Some of the backs I saw online are horrible! It does look like I'll have a N90s soon as well. I look forward to shooting this roll now that the weather is better here in the Motor City :)

Joe, I didn't mean the skin was coming off. My N90s is sticky when I hold the body because the rubbery exterior supposedly gets that way. Maybe yours isn't doing that?