Piperbarb's 2014 Project 365

piperbarb

1-13-14:

I am waiting for a day that is not dreary, cloudy and/or raining. :( Thus, the opportunistic feline photo. Alex thinks she should help me whenever she can. After I took this photo and processed it, I hadn't realized how grimy and dust-covered my the screen was. The flash bares all. EEEEUUUUUIIIIIIOOOO.... Anyway,

The Inscrutable Cat
013 Alex-140413_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-14-14:

Driving home from work this afternoon, I kept looking at the radio transmission towers on top of the hill that looked disembodied because of the low clouds moving passed them. Every time I was able to stop, they disappeared into thick clouds. While stopped at one spot and waiting for the clouds to move on, I saw these bushes with lots of water droplets on them.

Drip, Drip, Drip
014 Red Berries-140114_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-16-14:

This is what I did with the Amazon gift card I received for successfully completing the 2013 Project 365. Actually, I had to add a few dollars to get the third SD card, but it is definitely worth it. :) I like to replace my SD cards yearly, so this was perfect.

016 SD Cards-140116_01.jpg

Last edited:

piperbarb

1-17-14:

Another scarf to keep me warm this winter. I loved the color of this hand-dyed yarn. Wearing it really brightens up an otherwise drab winter's day.

017 Scarf-140117_01.jpg

piperbarb

1-18-14:

The weather wasn't all that bad this morning so I thought I'd get my errand done before it was supposed to get worse.

I have been waiting for the right time to get these flamingos. The people who live at that address have a great sense of humor. They have had these flamingos outside by their house number for at least 6 months. I have been waiting for them to be snow-covered.

Brrrrrrr....
018 Flamingos-140118_01.jpg

When i got home, the chickadees were all over the place, especially in the forsythia bush. This little guy looked particularly perturbed.

Yo! What You Lookin' At?
018 Chickadee-140118-02_01.jpg

Whiskeyman

My younger brother used to "flamingo" the neighbors' yards when he was home from college. He'd sneak into their yard at night and leave about 18 of the things around the yard, surprising them the next day. It got so that people who weren't "flamingoed" had their feelings hurt.

His crowning achievement was taking a 7-plus-feet tall stuffed pink flamingo, in tails and top hat, and a laz-e-boy recliner that was dumped on the side of the road and placing it on the front porch of one house. That was over 15 years ago, maybe 20, and people in the area still bring it up. That episode was when he was "found out", because his accomplice gabbed!

WM

piperbarb

My younger brother used to "flamingo" the neighbors' yards when he was home from college. He'd sneak into their yard at night and leave about 18 of the things around the yard, surprising them the next day. It got so that people who weren't "flamingoed" had their feelings hurt.

His crowning achievement was taking a 7-plus-feet tall stuffed pink flamingo, in tails and top hat, and a laz-e-boy recliner that was dumped on the side of the road and placing it on the front porch of one house. That was over 15 years ago, maybe 20, and people in the area still bring it up. That episode was when he was "found out", because his accomplice gabbed!

WM
One of my neighbors was flamingoed last summer. It was really funny. It was the coach of the losing softball team. :)

piperbarb

1-19-14:

Today was probably the worst day of my life. My husband, Gary, passed this afternoon. He had been in a lot of pain due to over a decade of living with occipital neuropathy. I did manage to get one photo just because I needed something to keep me grounded, even if just for a few minutes. I am dedicating this to Gary, the love of my life that I have lost.

For the Love of My Life. I Will Miss You Always
019 Icicle-140119_01.jpg

1-19-14:

Today was probably the worst day of my life. My husband, Gary, passed this afternoon. He had been in a lot of pain due to over a decade of living with occipital neuropathy. I did manage to get one photo just because I needed something to keep me grounded, even if just for a few minutes. I am dedicating this to Gary, the love of my life that I have lost.

View attachment 68011

I am so sorry to hear this. I just lost my Mom a couple of weeks ago so I know how you are feeling. Know that our thoughts are with you during this time.

ohkphoto

Snow White
1-19-14:

View attachment 68011

Oh, Barbara, I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and my prayers are with you. Please let me know if I can be of any kind of help or comfort. :(

mikew_RIP

Sorry to hear of your loss,my deepest condolences my first wife was in a lot of pain for the last few years and for a long time i felt guilty for feeling relief for her when it happened,then after a while i realized when some one you love is in that situation what else can you feel.